Muppet Family Christmas on TV this year?

thefozz

Reaction score
It doesn't seem to be airing in my native Canada this year. It had been on YTV or Treehouse the last few years.

Anyone know if it will be on in Canada or the States this Xmas?

BEAR

Reaction score
I live in California, but I haven't seen the special air for years. It would be nice if they did, but only if it was the full version. I have the (editted) vhs copy so I can watch it whenever I want.

superfan

Reaction score
Yeah. my friend and I were talking about this the other night, actually. It seems like all the new specials kind of crowd other ones out. Treehouse had a week of that computer animated Barbie stuff for a whole week as part of their Christmas thing (one movie was the Nutcracker) COME ON!!
Barbie or the Muppets? The choice is clear, here people!
Too bad, really. Even Muppets Christmas Carol is nowhere to be found.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... They used to show MFC on Nickelodeon every Christmas around ten years ago from 1992-1995 at least as I remember.
And MCC was premiered on ToonDisney just last year... Heh, that was part of the double B-Day gift I got last year, the other part was getting my Backstage playset in mint condition and putting that thing together.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
superfan said:
Yeah. my friend and I were talking about this the other night, actually. It seems like all the new specials kind of crowd other ones out. Treehouse had a week of that computer animated Barbie stuff for a whole week as part of their Christmas thing (one movie was the Nutcracker) COME ON!!

for shame

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
superfan said:
Actually, I believe MCC aired on CBC a couple of weeks ago.

As for MFC, I keep checking the TV guide, but I haven't seen it advertised yet. But my cable box only goes up to a week in advance, so there's still a chance it might air next week sometime. Luckily I have a copy on VHS I can watch if need be.

zns

Reaction score
I think that because the Muppets are starting to become more popular all over again, it's high time that Henson considered releasing the special out on DVD, only this time, unedited.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Just to let ya'll know if it does air then it will be uncut all the way through. So you don't have to worry about that. Just know that It won't ever be uncut on a DVD because of it staring all the Muppets, Sesame Street and Fraggles all together. So I would just keep dreaming.

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Just to let ya'll know if it does air then it will be uncut all the way through. So you don't have to worry about that. Just know that It won't ever be uncut on a DVD because of it staring all the Muppets, Sesame Street and Fraggles all together. So I would just keep dreaming.
But that's not the reason it's edited. It's edited because they couldn't secure the rights to use some of the songs on the video/DVD release that they could use when it aired on TV. So they had to cut these scenes out. I have a copy of the video. I've never seen the TV version, but I could still tell where they cut stuff out. It was glaringly obvious, particularly with the Muppet Babies song.

thefozz

Reaction score
Mickey Moose said:
As for MFC, I keep checking the TV guide, but I haven't seen it advertised yet. But my cable box only goes up to a week in advance, so there's still a chance it might air next week sometime.
the TV listings at zap2it.com are currently updated through to Dec 25, and there are no scheduled showings of MFC in Canada listed.