1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Muppet Fan Confessions

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by JimAndFrank, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I always liked Bert, he's nerdy and obsessive, which I think all of us hear can relate to lol, and he may seem like a stick in the mud but he does enjoy having fun, he just has to be pushed into it a little. Plus, you can't have Ernie without Bert, and vice versa. They were literally made for each other. I didn't like Bert very much when I was little, but now that I have a little brother I can relate to Bert a lot more.

:(:p

Any Del likes this.
  2. Pig's Laundry

It's worth watching at least once, if for no other reason than Tim Curry.

3. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

Right now I love Bert because I CAN relate to him! :laugh: I barely speak to anyone other than my family and Professors and a few of my close friends. I'm also nerdy myself I love watching cartoons, anime and etc. To me Bert reminds me of Squidward from Spongebob. I use to think the samething about Squidward but not anymore.

4. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever noticed how when Bert becomes the butt of a joke, it's funny, but most of the time it looks bad when the joke's on Ernie?

Froggy Fool likes this.
  5. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've noticed it.

6. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

If anything, Ernie's more of the unlikable one. Example: Follow That Bird

:p: Oh, no, Bert! I'm afraid you've lost him?
    :(: I LOST HIM??!!!
    :p: Yeah, while you were singing, Bert!

Not to mention the pizza/grape juice sketch, as well as the end of "Dance Myself to Sleep."

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  7. LittleJerry92

Honestly that pizza looked good.... Till I found out it had anchovies. :grouchy:

8. Pig's Laundry

Yeah, especially when Jim was playing him, he often played him like an energetic little kid, so it seemed kind of mean-spirited when the writers flipped the script (pun intended).

9. LittleJerry92

Okay, so let's be honest.

How many of y'all thought the lead singer was Richard Hunt before late 2009?

10. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I still think Richard is performing the puppetry for the Fat Blue Muppet.

11. Pig's Laundry

Is it not Richard???

12. LittleJerry92

Nope! Dwight R.B Cooke (I think that's his name). He revealed it himself on the muppet wiki.

And yeah, that does kind of look like his puppetry.

13. LittleJerry92

Before I (very excitedly) saw the clip again on YouTube in 2006, I remembered Cookie Monster, Don Music and Sherlock being angry that they couldn't figure out who the mystery guest was and were chewing out Guy before heading out the exit (amazing how the mind can really fool you...).

14. LittleJerry92

So, this might not come off as a surprise, but um....

"Telephone Rock" is partially (and I did say partially) why the "Rock N Roll" VHS was my favorite back in the day (and why I ended up wearing it out. :p )

15. LittleJerry92

I happen to wonder if the day Mr. Johnson went to try and get some popcorn from Grover

Happened to be on the same day Bert got the butt of the joke of being kicked out of the movie theater.

:search:

16. Pig's Laundry

That would be kind of cool if they had an episode where all the characters left the street and went to a movie theater or maybe a grocery store, and we got to see all of them get into all sorts of shenanigans, while some of the humans try to keep up.

ConsummateVs likes this.
  17. LittleJerry92

:p Bert, you know we can't see the movie without rubber duckie!

:( Ernie, I told you to check and see if you had your rubber duckie before we left!

:laugh: Hahahaheee! Elmo's really excited!

:grouchy: Hey! Down below! You're blocking the view!

:wisdom: Oh, sorry, Oscar! *Moves to another seat, knocking a bunch of AM's snacks and drinks away*

:batty: That's one! One theater seat! Two! Two theater seats! Three! Three theater seats! Ah-ah-ah-ah!

:insatiable: Cookie flavored popcorn! Omnomnomnomnomnom!

:super: Oh, HELLO, sir! It is so good to see you here!

Mr. Johnson: Oh, no... Of all the movie theaters, I had to pick THIS one...

18. Pig's Laundry

OMG I MUST WRITE THIS FANFIC NOW!

ConsummateVs likes this.
  19. LittleJerry92

Be sure to credit me. :grr:

Nah. :p

20. Pig's Laundry

No, yeah, i'll be sure to mention you helped inspire it.

LittleJerry92 likes this.