1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppet Fan Confessions

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by JimAndFrank, Feb 23, 2017.

1. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Caroll said he was one of the people who auditioned for Big Bird, but he was nowhere near the voice.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I thought it was the opposite way around that the puppetry was off and Noel couldn't handle the voice.

3. SesameFever

SesameFever Active Member

Can you send me a picture of you in your Garduation Dress???

scooterfan360 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  4. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I can try, but may not be able to.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  5. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I must confess that I'm worried about Steve. I'm sure he's fine and taking a break because there has been nothing for him to do (sadly), but idiots on Reddit have been saying that Disney fired him because he was being difficult. I don't believe them at all, but it doesn't help my stupid anxiety.

6. MikaelaMuppet

Where on Reddit?

scooterfan360 likes this.
  7. JimAndFrank

8. MikaelaMuppet

9. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Oh, that is scary. I really hope these are just lying trolls looking for attention. But if it is true, I wonder what they would mean by him becoming increasingly difficult to work with. Was he too opinionated on set? Is he secretly an A--hole?
    Is he mentally ill? What the heck is the matter?!? And if it is true, why must they keep these things so quiet? And I guess it is odd that Peter Linz played Statler that one time, since they're usually very strict about each character having a consistent performer (even more so than SST).
    But, let's not lose our heads yet. Maybe we should ask one of the Muppet performers on social media. If we don't get a response from any of them any time soon, their silence could very well be a confirmation.

Just remember, absolutely nothing has been confirmed or implied by anyone who works with Steve or at Disney. Also, this isn't the first time Muppet fans have wondered where Steve was (remember the America's Got Talent incident?) So, let's not worry too much.

JimAndFrank and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  10. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Same with JimandFrank, I could care less about the new Muppet Babies or muppet babies in general.

11. Muppet Master

Oh god, this is kind of frightening. Steve has been with The Muppets for over 20 years. I hope they're wrong, but it also makes perfect sense.

12. JimAndFrank

Why does it make sense? The Reddit guy said that Steve was fired from 'Henson'. Steve moved on from Henson over to Disney in 2004.

13. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

I saw that a few months ago! I don't know what to believe. Part of me doesn't believe it, but, then again, it would explain a lot - such as his departure from Sesame Street, the abrupt ending of the Pigs in Space web series although he had mentioned seven episodes were to be filmed, his apparent absence in Muppet Guys Talking, and the fact that none of his characters have appeared in the Thoughts of the Week Videos.

14. MuppetSpot

Same here MuppetMaster

15. JimAndFrank

• Steve left Sesame Street so that Ernie wouldn't have to compete with Steve's limited availability since The Muppets were getting busier and busier at the time.
    • The lack of Pigs in Space should be irrelevant to Steve's situation since he was there to shoot the actual skits.
    • For Muppet Guys Talking, there could be a variety of reasons why he wasn't there. Considering it was done 5 years ago, it has nothing to do with the past 7 months.
    • Thoughts of the Week was most likely done in New York or LA and could have been filmed months and months ago. Steve was probably in Atlanta because they didn't need him for a few short clips.

MikaelaMuppet and Pig's Laundry like this.
  16. MuppetSpot

I think The Muppet Thoughts Of The Week were filmed in NY because, most if not all of the performers were ones that worked for both Sesame and The Muppets.

17. JimAndFrank

Eric, Matt, Peter, David...Yeah, you're right. If they had filmed them in LA, they would've asked Bill Barretta to join in.

18. MuppetSpot

And Dave Goelz since he lives in the area.

JimAndFrank likes this.
  19. JimAndFrank

That's also true.

20. Muppet Master

Idk. It would explain everything like LaRanaRene said.

MikaelaMuppet and JimAndFrank like this.