1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppet Fan Confessions

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by JimAndFrank, Feb 23, 2017.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Matt Robinson was the original Gordon, not Hal.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

So, uh, this just kinda came in my head...

With alot of negative backlash on Muppets from Space..... I'm actually kinda waiting for the day Michael Bay tries directing a Muppet movie and then we'll talk.

See what I did there? :D

3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

You heard about the Dora movie too, huh?

scooterfan360 likes this.
  4. LittleJerry92

Looking back at "D Duah Duah" (or "Be my D", whichever you want to call it),

I found it kind of odd that the trio of female singers had "Di Di'O Day" as part of the name when we never even knew which one is Di Di'O Day. I felt like they should have just been called "The Dew Drops."

On another note, I feel like if this song were written before season 11 (its earliest appearance was 12, but I'm NOT convinced this was made in 1980), I could easily see Jim or Richard doing Bushman Bill.

5. LittleJerry92

This is basically a case of bad memory, but I remember seeing the Dragnet Wanted letter W skit on YouTube way back in 2006 and remember being surprised that it was outside. For years beforehand, I thought the skit was inside an abandoned warehouse.

6. LittleJerry92

My dad had at least one ZZ Top album (Six Pack I believe), and I remember as a kid thinking "ZZ Blues" would be on the CD.... To which it wasn't. Though it did for awhile make me think ZZ Top were a Muppet band and "ZZ Blues" was like a special guest appearance.

Such a shame the beards got shorter over the years....

7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I used to think that Maury was Bob from Sesame Street. Yes, I mean that Maury.

"Oooh, who are the people in your neighborhood? Not you're father!"

LittleJerry92 and muppetgem like this.
  8. LittleJerry92

When I was a kid, I thought this blue twiddlebug was Thomas twiddlebug.

[​IMG]

I honestly don't know if I even still have this twiddlebug plush anymore.

9. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Holy shizzballs, the foreshadowing!

I must confess that if I knew what was to come a few months after this conversation, I would have hightailed it in the other direction faster than you can say 'Koozebane'.

What a crap year for the Muppets.

10. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Which is why I left reddit. Because of idiots downvoting my Whose Line comments.

11. Prof Bunsen

Prof Bunsen New Member

I did think at first that Miss Piggy was voiced by a girl. Little did I know that Frank Oz did a girl!

12. LittleJerry92

I thought the same when I was a kid. Was definitely surprised when I found out it was a guy years later.

Prof Bunsen likes this.