Muppet fic: Once in a Lifetime

Slackbot

Reaction score
The Count: I'm not sure what you mean by a confessional video. He didn't begin with "Bless me, Father, for I have sinned." I don't think the bathrooms in the Muppet Theater are wired for film.

Miss Piggy didn't intend for there to be a message in the number she picked, but it's no coincidence that the song is a bunch of little girls complaining about their crummy lives. She definitely wouldn't pick a sugary song like Tomorrow, even if it were an ensemble song. And I don't get the connection with the 4-armed swami (who, BTW, I never found disturbing at all).

I really ought to draw the girls, huh?

charlietheowl: Scooter was nervous, all right, and he really needed Janken's support. So much so, in fact, that he had to ask him to step out of his field of vision, otherwise he would have been looking for him, or distracting himself forcing himself not to. What he had to say, he had to say to the camera. It wouldn't have any impact if he wasn't making eye contact with the viewer.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
The Count: I'm not sure what you mean by a confessional video. He didn't begin with "Bless me, Father, for I have sinned." I don't think the bathrooms in the Muppet Theater are wired for film.
I think by confessional video he is referring to the practice in reality shows (Survivor, Big Brother, The Real World) where a person directly addresses the camera in a separate area and shares their feelings on a situation. It gives them a chance to "confess" something right to the camera by themselves.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Charlie got the gist of the thing... But the reference to the cameras being in the bathroom comes from the Total Drama animated franchise, which is really the only reality show I watch because of the humor.

To expalin about the swammy... Annie is practically earmarked because of the song "Tomorrow", it was performed a couple times in Muppet productions. And I think I mentioned it before, but that play, or more specifically that song is one of my anger triggers much like "Tuesday" is for Jack Black. It's not that the animation sketch with the four-armed swammy from Sesame was creepy, it's more that I use it as my own personal zen calming technique.

Oh, and I'd get to those cheesecake squares I left you before Jan does. :wink:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Charlietheowl: Oh, kind of like Heather's monologue in The Blair Witch Project but with less snot? Who would Scooter make a video of that kind for? He does have an audience in mind.

The Count: I got the cheesecake square. Even if Jan found them first, he'd bring them to me, because he's weirdly honest. And then he'd hang around and look all hungry, because he has a sweet tooth. He claims that Fraggles need more calories when it's cold, but he's inside a heated building nearly all the time, so I'm not buyin' it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No prob... Sent another one for him with one of my HV roomies.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Janken noshes on the cheesecake square, thankful that Scooter isn't much of a fan of sweets.

BTW, did you recognize the song that Janken sang at the end?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, I don't think I've heard that song before. Then again, the one time I was at a Transylvanian themed restaurant with violinish music was back in October 2000, and that place has long shut down since then.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Anyone else? C'mon, I know someone must recognize it. I'll bet that most of you have heard it, some of you many times.