Muppet Fight Song from GMC?

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
So I was fooling around on ebay and I came across an auction for the sheet music to the Muppet Fight Song from The Great Muppet Caper and my first thought was "...wait... what?" I've never heard of this song, at least I don't think so. To my recollection (and MP3 collection) the only songs in the movie were Hey a Movie!, Happiness Hotel, Steppin' Out with a Star, Night Life, The First Time it Happens, Couldn't We Ride, Piggy's Fantasy and the Finale/Hey a Movie (Rep). The info says that the music and lyrics were written by Joe Raposo...

So, all I still have to say is... huh? Anyone know anything about this?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Perhaps they mean the music during the baseball diamond fight? The whole, "Duh-duh-duh-derm-du-du-du" thing going on there. Lyrics written by Joe though...that doesn't make logic, or sound like sense.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
It is on The Great Muppet Caper film soudntrack album. I think it is from when The Muppets go off to the baseball diamond fight.

The lyrics include such lines as "Go Muppets roar down the field, our team will never fail. Go Muppets we'll never yield the field see how the foe turns pale. Cheer as we march to the fray onward to victory...."

The tuen actually sounds similar to Cole Porter's Yale collage football song 'Bulldog'.

You can find the full list of songs from GMC on the page aboot the film soundtrack album on: http://www.qsulis.demon.co.uk/Website_Louise_Gold/Great_Muppet_Caper_Recording.htm

Hope that helps

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Wow, thanks! I completely had no idea that song existed. How odd.

The only "_____ Fight Song" I know from a movie is *sheepish* The Care Bears Fight Song from the Care Bears Movie II. I could lie and say that I only know it because my 7 year old sister loves the movie, the second part of which is true, but I definitely was the one to show it to her because I grew up loving that movie. Dark Heart, anyone? Yeah, that song goes "Care A-Lot, we care a lot *clap-clap, clap-clap* Care A-Lot, we care a lot *clap-clap, clap-clap*". Yeah. I could probably sing the rest of the words but I'll stop there.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I remember the Care Bear fight song, I could sing the rest of the lyrics right now as well, lol.

"Keep your chin up
Don't stop caring!
We've got a job and it's tough to do!
Now is the moment, start preparing!
Stand up and fight for the good and true!"

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Haha, someone just like meeeee

Give your all and never falter
Our numbers are few but we know what to dooooo

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
"No feeling frightened, scared of failing
Don't want to let the whole world down!
We have to brighten
Keep on sailing
Give us a smile and we'll
Turn up your frown!

Stickin' together we can make it!
Nothing can stop us we can't go wrong!
We can be tough, yes, we can take it!
We care a lot and we will be strong
We care a lot and we will be strong!"

Wow, that really is inspiring! I don't care what anyone says, the Care Bears were wonderful. How many TV shows (for kids or adults) would say, "We care about everyone, even when they don't care about us."? :smile:

Oh, and the Muppet Fight Song's great too, I'm amazed I never heard of it before!

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Dude, all I can say is when Dark Heart is holding Christy and he goes "We... care... we... care... I... Care... I CARE! I CARE! I CARE!"... That's really when an angel gets its wings :wink:

Quesal

Reaction score
I do enjoy that fight scene a great deal! Hearing about this album with that music on it makes me wish it was still on the market!