1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppet Film and TV References

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by GuySmiley, Jun 1, 2002.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Sshh, let me have my moment. :skeptical::skeptical::skeptical::skeptical::skeptical::skeptical::skeptical::skeptical::skeptical::skeptical::skeptical::skeptical::skeptical::skeptical:

Muppet Master likes this.
  2. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Johnny and Sal were such a great duo, shame they didn't get much fame and weren't used outside of MT and small scenes in MFS, VMX, and MWoOZ.

3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

And I still fail to see why they can't just build a new Johnny, they already rebuilt basically the entire cast back in 2010-ish.

Muppet Master and muppetlover123 like this.
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yeah, and it's not like they haven't had to rebuild characters before, I mean heck, there are some Muppets that have to be replaced every 5-6 years, and some that have to be replaced every 10-12 years.

Unless, perhaps, maybe, Johnny's being phased out and retired like some characters are over time. Or, it could also be to free Bill up since Rowlf and Dr. Teeth have been brought back to more prominent roles - all the while still performing Pepe and Bobo.

When you think about it, Johnny (and by extention, Sal) didn't necessarily play that big a part within the context of the Muppets in general. Outside of MT, their biggest roles in a Muppet project seemed to be MOz; other than that, their roles in others seem to be very minor and small. Were they even in LTS? I don't even remember.

5. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I honestly doubt anyone working with The Muppets really remembers him aside from Bill Baretta.

6. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

An old SNL reference not mentioned on the Wiki. During one of the SNL News Breaks (with Brian Doyle-Murray) during the show's rather dull 7th season ('81-'82), there was a joke about Big Bird being shot by a kid during a Sesame live appearance. What's notable about this reference is that it features actual footage from a Sesame cast tour - during the early days, at Matt Robinson is featured.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  7. HTFFan

HTFFan Well-Known Member

On the British sitcom, The I.T. Crowd, Roy was wearing a Kermit shirt and somebody called him asking,
    "Where's my bloody money?" and then he said,
    "Just kidding ya Muppet!".

8. HTFFan

HTFFan Well-Known Member

On The Simpsons, Chief Wiggum said something about how "a bunch of Muppets can take Manhattan". I don't remember the rest of the reference, but that was pretty much the main part.

9. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

It's really funny looking up these strange Muppet references.

HTFFan likes this.
  10. Skywalker82

Skywalker82 New Member

What about American Werewolf in London? it has a clip from the Muppet Show