1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppet Film and TV References

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by GuySmiley, Jun 1, 2002.

1. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

I forget which one but an episode of South Park showed Boober Fraggle with a knife through him. I don't watch the show that frequently and only watch clips that parody things I like so I don't know the episode title or anything.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  2. Flaky Pudding

On Bob's Burgers, Linda referred to Gene as "my Muppet baby Bobby" when he dressed up like his dad

3. Flaky Pudding

I don't watch the show anymore but I remember an episode of Fred on YouTube, where Fred was going to see a horror film called Nightmare on Sesame Street, although in my opinion Nightmare on Elmo Street would've been funnier. Just saying, :p

4. Flaky Pudding

Bert and Ernie made a brief cameo in a book of wanted criminals when Daffy Duck got his handbag stolen on The Looney Tunes Show

5. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

The Goldbergs gave us another Muppet reference in the form of a homemade Beaker puppet made by Adam's girlfriend in the establishing opening! Not a bad job, if I say so myself! :)

6. Flaky Pudding

I forget what celebrity it was supposed to be that said it, but on Robot Chicken some celebrity (probably Lindsay Lohan) said that her and her boyfriend are like "Flirt and Ernie".

7. Flaky Pudding

On an episode of Zoey 101, there was a kid who was stealing cookies and the bully referred to him as Cookie Monster. Quite obvious, but I still thought it was funny.

8. Flaky Pudding

In the Epic Rap Battles of History episode Gordon Ramsay vs. Julia Child, Gordon Ramsay says that Julia's cooking is like "one part Big Bird, one part Miss Piggy". Also, in "Stephen Spielberg vs. Alfred Hitchcock" Alfred says that Stephen does horror movies with "puppets and Muppets" (probably a reference to Gremlins).

9. Flaky Pudding

The main captain from The Orville has a Kermit doll on his desk and he even said "Kermit is my hero!". It warmed my heart to hear that :cry:

10. Flaky Pudding

For a much more obscure one, Jim Henson's Dinosaurs got parodied on Robot Chicken. It was a skit where scientists were trying to unfreeze dinosaurs that were frozen in ice for years and they accidentally unfroze Robbie Sinclair who started speaking 90s slang and talking about skateboarding. It was hilarious :laugh:

11. Flaky Pudding

When I was younger, I was at the house of a family friend who was a teenage girl that loved all those Disney and Nick sitcoms. One day, she was watching Wizards of Waverly Place and I heard Selena Gomez (I don't know her name on the show) say
    "One time, I saw a YouTube video of Big Bird rapping," or something like that. I found that really funny because I'm sure that somebody out there probably made a YouTube Poop of Big Bird doing that just because of the brief reference in that Wizards episode lol.

12. Flaky Pudding

To quote The Outsiders "LET'S DO IT FOR JOHNNY!"

13. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

I think that also has something to do with the fact that Seth MacFarlane, dude who made Family Guy and the actor who plays the main captain on The Orville, is a big Muppet fan (plenty of Muppet references in Family Guy) and, MacFarlane just did a cover of 'The First Time It Happens' on his most recent album:

14. Flaky Pudding

I always assumed he was a Muppet fan because not only does he reference them all the time but he treats them surprisingly positive compared to other things he likes to make fun of on his shows. Muppets, Star Wars, Star Trek, and The Flintstones are the only things that are sacred on Family Guy, everything else gets a hard time lol.

15. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

This is the Key & Peele sketch, Substitute Teacher Part 2 and, Mr. Garvey (character Keegan Michael Key is playing here), tells one of the kids, Blake (who he calls Beh-la-kay) that he has big 'Fraggle Rock hair'

16. Flaky Pudding

17. Flaky Pudding

One of the boys on Stranger Things has a Dark Crystal poster in his room