1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Muppet Film and TV References

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by GuySmiley, Jun 1, 2002.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

There was a commercial that aired today amongst the football games, I don't know what the commercial was for, but it had an instrumental version of "Mahna Mahna" playing as it's musical score. :confused:

2. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

On Family Feud last night, the question was “Name something people do in your ear” and one woman said put a banana in it! It sounds like a Sesame Street reference to me. I don’t know if that was intentional, but it was an unexpected answer among others that came up on the show.

3. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

Elmo was on last week's new Robot Chicken episode. It was just this brief clip of a Tickle Me Elmo saying inappropriate things. I'm not going to repeat what the character said in the clip because this is a family forum, but I'm sure you get the idea.

4. NLPuppetGuy

NLPuppetGuy Member

Question on HQ last night, Who is the little golden book "The Monster at the End of this Book" featured about: Grover!!!!

Froggy Fool likes this.
  5. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

On part 1 of the 9th season opener of Night Court, Roz Russell mentions Oscar The Grouch.

6. Flaky Pudding

7. Flaky Pudding

The Fraggle Rock theme song gets mentioned in this ADHD video:

Although it seems like something I'd really like, I'm not a big animation domination fan. It's mostly because the animation style looks a bit off to me and the voice acting always seems to be done by the same few people. I do however enjoy a handful of skits, mostly the Scientifically Accurate ones and the ones featuring this little girl character. These skits are absolutely adorable and surprisingly enough, are completely innocent. So honestly, I'd say that kids can watch this video with no problem. Wow, I'm kind of surprised that I don't have to put a warning on an Animation Domination video. But yeah, this one believe it or not is innocent enough to be played on Disney Channel or Cartoon Network during the day. The whole time I watching the video I was waiting for some shocking twist ending........but much to my surprise nothing happened. No swearing, no blood, no drug references, just pure cuteness. I still can't believe that this video was made by ADHD of all people. Comparing this video right here to the rest of the ADHD series would be like comparing Cabbage Patch Kids to Garbage Pail Kids in terms of the content and overall feel.

8. Flaky Pudding

OMG! The new episode of Family Guy just featured cameos by Elmo, Cookie Monster and wait for it........Herry Monster! I am still SO pleasantly surprised because barely anybody ever references Herry on television. THAT IS AWESOME! :D

9. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

The Muppets might appear in Wreck-It Ralph 2! Just look at the 1:26 mark:

BlakeConor14 and Froggy Fool like this.
  10. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Ooooh.....

11. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Aaaah.....

12. Flaky Pudding

13. MikaelaMuppet

I was just watching that show last week, how funny is that?

Flaky Pudding likes this.
  14. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

In the Fresh Prince of Bel-air, while Will was making a "confession" on TV, he says, "Word to Big Bird!"

15. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but these two old men in the Camp Camp episode "Into Town" kinda look like Statler and Waldorf:
    [​IMG]

16. Flaky Pudding

Last night's new episode of Robot Chicken featured two Muppet/Henson-related skits in it. They were:

-A very short scene of Oscar the Grouch burning alive. Just your typical Robot Chicken-style extreme slapstick violence scenario.
    -Jareth the goblin king from Labyrinth working at some Hot Topic-type store and being scolded by his boss not to steal any more babies. While I'll admit they could've come up with a better idea for this one, I still liked seeing another addition to the very small list of Labyrinth references in television shows and movies. I guess the reference involved how Labyrinth has been getting popular at "edgy" stores like Hot Topic and Spencer's Gifts in recent memory. That's all I can think of.

I'm still quite impressed that they incorporated two Muppet sketches in one 15-minute episode, but I guess I should expect that from fellow Muppet fan Seth Green at this point :).

17. Flaky Pudding

I was watching a Family Guy episode a few days ago and it had a scene where Carter Pewterschmidt was informed that he would be interviewed by a news reporter. Carter's immediate reply was,

"Is the news reporter Kermit the Frog wearing a trench coat? That tells you he's a real reporter,". I thought that was hilarious lol.

18. Flaky Pudding

In the movie Ready Player One, a character reveals that he dated a girl named Kira to which he says,
    "You know like the character from The Dark Crystal,".

19. Flaky Pudding

In an episode of Drawn Together, the characters just started impersonating the Yip-Yip martians for no reason. That scene was pointless but still funny nonetheless.

20. MikaelaMuppet

What does it have to do with Muppet references though?