1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppet Film and TV References

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by GuySmiley, Jun 1, 2002.

1. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

Nothing. It was just one of those reaction memes.

2. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

The 2018 revival of Double Dare had a question regarding Cookie Monster's real name. Neither of the teams answered "Sid", which was one of the three questions ("Me Want Cookie!" was one of the others). Marc Summers (as announcer/commentator) even did an impression of him.

3. Flaky Pudding

The past few episodes of Robot Chicken have featured an additional two new Muppet sketches:

-Super Grover dies after flying through lightning while wearing his tin foil helmet. Everyone on Sesame Street is shocked, although Elmo is more surprised to find out that Super Grover's secret identity has been Grover this whole time! I thought that was a funny comment on the ridiculousness behind Superman logic. I've always wondered if everyone in Metropolis is stupid considering Clark Kent is just Superman wearing glasses and a different outfit. Can't anybody in the entire city tell that's the same guy using a different alter ego?

-Tonight's episode featured the Swedish Chef trying to get on a plane but the flight attendant couldn't understand a word he was saying due to the fact that he can barely speak English. Crazy Harry then attempted to get on the plane as well but was quickly halted because of how he was carrying dynamite in his hand at the time.

4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

But not as shocked as Super Grover! Ba-dum tss
    Aaaahhh, wak- i'll show myself out.

Froggy Fool and Flaky Pudding like this.
  5. Flaky Pudding

There was an episode of The Goldbergs that ended with Adam Goldberg filming a home video where he impersonates the Swedish Chef.

6. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

The latest South Park episode titled "Buddha Box" references the Muppet Babies theme, specifically the reboot theme, with the PC Babies.

Flaky Pudding likes this.
  7. Flaky Pudding

On The Goldbergs, Adam has a Beaker puppet and a Dark Crystal poster in his room that can be seen in the background of every episode.

8. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

The song starts with a sample of the "Number Song Series" intro.

9. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

On the game show America Says, the question was “The dirtiest thing in my house is...” and one of the team members guessed Fraggle Rock!

10. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

Blue Frackle likes this.
  11. Flaky Pudding

I just bingewatched the latest season of Family Guy, season 17 and came across a couple Muppet references:

-Peter, who's very exhausted from walking up the stairs at work because he's too overweight, randomly says "Labyrinth is a pretty good movie,".

-A disabled kid at Meg's school got nicknamed "Kermit Legs Kyle". When Kermit Legs Kyle becomes prom king, a kid with a Kermit shaped head is disappointed that he didn't win the competition.

-Peter starts singing "Halfway Down The Stairs" when he's stuck in the stair railing. When Lois asks him why the heck he would just break out into song for no reason he replies with,

"I'm just doing that bit that Kermit's nephew, Robin did on The Muppet Show." and Lois answers,

"Wow! So original! You are just singing the same song that a frog sang years ago!"

12. Flaky Pudding

A couple more Goldbergs references I've encountered:

-Adam Goldberg is listing off famous chefs he admires when his mom mentions her love of Julia Child. One of the favorite chefs he mentions is "that lovable Swedish Muppet,".

-Adam has a Beaker puppet, a Boober Fraggle plush, and a Great Muppet Caper poster in his room. These appear in the background throughout different assorted episodes.

-When Adam becomes a tween who's curious about sex, Murray gives him "the talk" by demonstrating the birds and the bees with Fraggle puppets.

-Adam says "Yellow is the color of our enemy and Big Bird," in one episode.

-In one episode, went under the fake alias "Kermit D. Fonz" which combined the names of two of his favorite TV characters:Kermit the Frog and Arthur Fonzarelli.

Because of all the countless references he makes to every Jim Henson creation, I have no doubt that the real Adam Goldberg who created the show is probably a HUGE Muppet fan just like Seth MacFarlane, Seth Green, and Kevin Shinick.

Blue Frackle likes this.