1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppet films coming to Blu-ray in UK

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by panmanthe2nd, Jul 7, 2014.

1. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

Hi all, :)

I've just seen that on the 4th of August there's a Blu-Ray box set of Muppet films coming out in the UK. It contains:
    • Muppets Most Wanted
    • The Muppets (2011)
    • The Muppets Movie (1979) [New to Blu-ray in the UK]
    • The Great Muppet Caper [New to Blu-ray in the UK]
    • The Muppet Christmas Carol [New to Blu-ray in the UK]
    • Muppet Treasure Island [New to Blu-ray in the UK]
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LA1ZVSE/?tag=muppetcentral

So, at the moment this box set is the only UK Blu-ray release of 4 muppet films, and an early release of Muppets Most Wanted!

I already own all of the USA Blu-rays, but I'll keep an eye on this release in case anythings better about it. I wonder if The Great Muppet Caper will be in it's own case?

Eyeball likes this.
  2. Eyeball

Eyeball Well-Known Member

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, pre ordered now, Though I'm gonna have to cancel my standalone MMW now...

3. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

4. panmanthe2nd

When you get it, could you post a few photos to show us what it looks like?

5. Eyeball

I'll try to.

panmanthe2nd likes this.
  6. panmanthe2nd

Thanks! I'd like to see what covers they use.

Eyeball likes this.
  7. Eyeball

I might disappoint you though I'm sorry to say, I've actually been wondering if there's actually any point in me getting this when. Own them all already on DVD, and it pains me to say this about anything muppets but I'm thinking that It could be a waste of money which I could use elsewhere.

8. Muppet Master

Ya it probably is, but it'd be worth just getting GMC and MTI as separate blu-rays, but that's just me.

Eyeball likes this.
  9. Mr Sweetums

Mr Sweetums Active Member

and me :fanatic:

that's the main reason I will be buying it, simply so I can get a separate release of each film (if that is the case) and I will probably end up buying MMW as a single release too simply cause I doubt the boxset versions will be available with slipcovers. :);):D

Eyeball and panmanthe2nd like this.
  10. panmanthe2nd

Me too!

11. panmanthe2nd

That's ok. I understand.

Eyeball likes this.
  12. Eyeball

Gah, I just don't know anymore, on one hand blue ray is amazing and it comes with separate GMC and MTI covers but on the other hand I own them all already and it's just an extra expense.... I hate money and the dilemma it brings sometimes....

Muppet Master and panmanthe2nd like this.
  13. Muppet Master

I wonder if there are any new bonus features or coverart. I mean if its just the films plastered on a blu-ray disc then there's virtually no point in buying this, but if there was something new, maybe something for GMC which has never had a real bonus feature ever, I mean come on even the older TMM got those "Doc Hopper Extended Commercials" and "Jim Frawley's Camera Test" while MTM had those neat "Jim Henson Interviews", then MCC and MTI were just spoiled with special features from commentary to behind-the-scene featurettes! Even MFS had some commentary, a music video, and some sweet outtakes! Why doesn't GMC ever get a real bonus feature? Obviously though, frog-e-oke isn't enough!

14. DutchMuppet

DutchMuppet Member

You know that this boxset is a bumper boxset? It will be like this:
    [​IMG]

So no extra cover art because it will be in one cover. And it will not surprise me if they use existing blu-rays but then with another region. Like the Australian releases which have the same region as Europe. Or the regionfree American discs. And on the Amazon page you can read it will contain 5 discs. For 6 movies. So Caper and Treasure Island will be on 1 disc again.

Mr Sweetums and Eyeball like this.
  15. Eyeball

well thanks, that kinda sucks though, I was disappointed enough when doctor who series 5 came packaged like that and I'd be just as disappointed if the muppets were packaged in the same vain, still I'll wait until it's released till I buy it and see if there's anything new.

16. panmanthe2nd

Oh dear, that is disappointing. Still, at least they are available in the UK now, and I'm sure a lot of people will like getting MMW 8 days early!

17. Mr Sweetums

Mr Sweetums Active Member

I suspect that will be the case, I was hoping for individual dvd cases and even if that were the case I'd imagine MTI/TGMC would still probably come together. Anyway this really is an unnecessary purchase either way and being released a whole week before the original release means Disney knows it. :news:

I like the fact that we can discuss something so silly as TGMC getting it's own single release in a boxset which already contains most of what we all already own :fanatic::fanatic::fanatic::fanatic::fanatic: you can only do that here :fanatic::fanatic:

I probably won't end up getting it... now if the disc art is different that would be a whole other story ;) (just kidding)

Eyeball likes this.
  18. Eyeball

Actually yeah your right, this has 100% convinced me to cancel this order now, thanks.

Mr Sweetums likes this.
  19. Muppet Master

I'm too cheap to get anything more than the 90's VHS copies of the films! :) :cool:;)

20. Eyeball

Wow you still have a VHS player! I'd do anything to get one of those again, funnily enough muppet VHS's are more expensive the the DVDs in England lol.