1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppet films coming to Blu-ray in UK

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by panmanthe2nd, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

They sell VHS tapes in stores! I get my VHS's from thrift stores, and I couldn't live without a VHS player :) ;)

FunnyBear and Eyeball like this.
  2. Eyeball

Eyeball Well-Known Member

Oh no they don't sell them in stores i was just going by amazon prices, yeah they're mostly in thrift stores and charity shops where you'll also find the odd palisades figure.

3. Muppet Master

Oh, that's really strange, would VHS tapes cost more? Then again, TMM and GMC on DVD are more or less the same on VHS, special-features wise.

4. Eyeball

Oh really I think you'd like the DVD prices over here, I got all 7 movies on DVD for like £3 each brand new I think that's like $5, how much are they in the US?

5. Muppet Master

WHAT!!! You're so lucky!! $5 wouldn't even be enough for one DVD!!!!! Only MTM and MFS are $5 individually, everything else ranges from $8-$20 individually.

Eyeball likes this.
  6. Eyeball

Wow! I'm actually shocked,Disney really likes screwing over their domestic audience don't they.... Up to $20 for a basic DVD with only the pepe profiles on it is like daylight robbery.

Muppet Master likes this.
  7. Muppet Master

That's why as a kid I can't buy a single DVD! My relatives who used to live in the UK would tell me that DVDs were really cheap! $5 for 7 movies is less than you'd have to pay at a thrift store for 7 dvds! How much are the TMS season sets there?

P.S. At a thrift store 7 dvds would cost $20!

8. Eyeball

Oh I'm sorry I think I may not have made myself clear, i meant that 1 muppet movie was $5 (all of them cost that much though) seasons of TMS cost around £9 which is like $15.

9. Muppet Master

That's still insane to me! Also, TMS season sets cost $15, WOW! Here are some of the insane prices in America.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ATQYTM/?tag=muppetcentral
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001R123WE/?tag=muppetcentral
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004EPZ03O/?tag=muppetcentral
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009ULBGS/?tag=muppetcentral

10. Eyeball

Wait what!!! Sheesh it must be hard to be a muppet fan in the US lol, but we didn't get the nice box sets of TMS we got a basic box with 4 disc holders in it and the covers aren't as nice for example our season 2
    [​IMG]

11. Muppet Master

Oh, but still that aside, I think its quite insane pricing TMM at $15 with no real bonus features is robbing! Do you have any links to muppet dvds on the UK amazon?

12. Eyeball

13. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

I find it quite horrid that they re-released Kermit's Swamp Years with this stock art.
    [​IMG]
    I mrean, the movies ok, but the DVD cover, ugh.

Muppet Master likes this.
  14. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

I still have a VHS player but with no Muppet tapes. :sympathy:

15. Eyeball

Oh yeah those covers, yeah they're the re-releases from 2012, stores like homebase and British home stores had a whole series of muppet DVDs with those covers on them, I ended up getting MTM and MFS with a similar cover on them because I needed new ones, but yeah your right the KSY cover is the worst of the bunch not to mention it's not the right Kermit on the front too.

16. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

Yeah, that's just some cheap packaging. Looking at The Muppets Take Manhattan and Muppets From Space covers, can I yell at the marketing person who did that. That looks like it's the bootleg copy at a thrift store. Did it come with the original special features as the original release? I know what each has its :
    MTM:
    Muppetisms (Muppet shorts)
    Jim Henson interview
    MFS:
    Commentary (It's called "Live", but it's pre-recorded)
    Blooper Reel
    Music Video
    annnnndddd, you know this, but whatever.

17. Muppet Master

Wow so, using good old handy dandy Google, I'll compare the US prices to the UK ones (converted in $ and pounds)
    US UK
    TMM: $14.99 or 8.77 pounds $5.07 or 2.97 pounds Difference= a whooping nearly 5 pounds or a whooping over $10 price!

TMS S3: $20.48 or 12.28 pounds $13.75 or 8.05 pounds Difference= a whooping over 4 pounds or nearly $8

Really, before this I thought Disney's prices were the same in the US and the UK, but really they're really ripping us off!!

18. Eyeball

Whoa... Would it infact be cheaper to buy them from amazon UK and have them shipped over? Because as you said the prices are mental!

19. Eyeball

Actually I quite liked the MFS and MTM covers lol, but they did come with most of the special features except MTM where muppetisims and the Jim interview are removed. But hey what can you expect for £3 right.

20. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

Actually, that's only one dollar less than what you can buy it now in the US. Roughly, it's about $4