1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Fossil Watch

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Thog, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Thog New Member

The Muppet Show 25th ann. watch is up on the Fossil web site, for $105

Dan
  2. DrGoshposh New Member

Is that Animal at the "3" position? I recognize the others, but I can't quite tell who that character is. It almost looks like Grover.

Scott
  3. Thog New Member

It's animal, gonzo, fozzie, and miss piggy. They are the same as the patches that you can order. IMO the watch dosn't look like there was much thought put into it. I really don't think it is worth $105. $50 maby.

dan
  4. EmmyMik New Member

$105?

Yeesh!

If I wanted a Muppet watch so badly, I can go to Wal Mart, buy a green watch, and glue pictures of Kermit on there...
  5. Gonzo Active Member

Man, I'm sorry, but that's just a rip-off...I mean, Fossil has done some AMAZING watches in their day, that I've drooled over...but ALL of the Kermit Collection ones from a few years ago were better than this one....and you could have probably bought all of them for what Fossil is charging for that bad boy.

Bad, BAD boy!

Quinnnnnnn
  6. Thog New Member

I had the pocket watch from the Kermit Collection. Here's a tip, make surer to take it out of your pocket before you wash your pants, or the watch won't work anymore. :( I'm still so mad that I did that.
  7. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Isn't this watch one in a series of watches? I like it, but you are right, not much to it. I like simple designs and this one elegantly integrates 5 characters into the face without cluttering it up and it looks mighty durable too. I'll put it on my Christmas list. Geez - a few weeks earlier and I could have gotten it for my birthday. Fossil just has bad timing...get it. I'll stop now.
  8. Jackie New Member

Remember when the Muppets gave away a FREE watch with the purchase of TMM and TGMC? I had that watch for a long long time...the green one. *sniff* i miss that free watch!
  9. Grover2001 New Member

It isn't worth the price. No thought or imagination put into this one. Supposedly it's a series so maybe we can hope for better. How the mighty Fossil has fallen. Actually many of their recent collectible watches have been blah.
  10. dwmckim Well-Known Member

Being a Fossil Watch, maybe we can all hope that it will evolve into something better!:p
  11. frogboy4 Inactive Member

I still think the watch looks elegant in its simplicity although as a fan I can tell that little thought went into it. If this is part of a series of watches then I won't be too disappointed. It is way too expensive. $80 should be the highest markup for a watch like this.
  12. Gonzo Active Member

I don't doubt that it's a high quality product, and it'll last a long time, but it's disappointing when compared to other Fossil products.

Quinnnnnnnnnn
  13. Muppet Labs Guest

Hi Everyone,

I like the Fossil watch and I guess I feel like Jamie does that I like the watch because it's simple and not too flashy....I am going to Boston on Saturady and they have a Fossil store and I am hoping they have the 25th anniversary watch there.....I will let everyone know how it looks in person if they sell it there....Bye!
  14. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Well someone agrees with me. LOL! It is a nice watch in it's own right. I, for one, wouldn't wear a watch that was too flashy. The price is a bit steep.