Muppet Guys (And Gals) Talking: The Muppet Family Interviews Thread

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This might sound a little nit-picky, but I think it's kinda sad how Ryan doesn't wanna bring up Kevin when talking about how he became Elmo for fear of talking about the scandal. Hopefully, with Happytime Murders being out now, and it being pretty public knowledge that Kevin is with Henson now, Ryan will feel more comfortable.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
He got you there, Shane. :wink:
I may throw a little Yiddish into my every day vernacular, but I don't go around acting the part all day like that guy.

This might sound a little nit-picky, but I think it's kinda sad how Ryan doesn't wanna bring up Kevin when talking about how he became Elmo for fear of talking about the scandal. Hopefully, with Happytime Murders being out now, and it being pretty public knowledge that Kevin is with Henson now, Ryan will feel more comfortable.
The circumstances around Ryan getting the role are touchy, yes. But the circumstances around Kevin finding work elsewhere are just as touchy (remember, he wasn't really proven innocent...)

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Puppet Tears just did a great interview with Ryan Dillon. In it, he reveals the episode where he first felt comfortable with Elmo, how he thought of Elmo before he worked on the show, and a hilarious story of a body part falling off of Elmo during a live appearance.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Ryan Dillon is one of those people that looks different every time I see him...

Awesome interview -- I'm 30 minutes in; I'll definitely have to bookmark this and watch it here and there.

When I saw his first public Elmo appearance (that TMZ thing), it was straight up cringe how he acted like Elmo was a real thing (so that painted a bad picture in my mind), but this totally changed my mind.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
When I saw his first public Elmo appearance (that TMZ thing), it was straight up cringe how he acted like Elmo was a real thing (so that painted a bad picture in my mind), but this totally changed my mind.
Wait but, wasn't he doing an appearance as Elmo at some kids event? Why wouldn't he act like Elmo was real? I am confusion.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Wait but, wasn't he doing an appearance as Elmo at some kids event? Why wouldn't he act like Elmo was real? I am confusion.
One of the TMZ reporters was asking him what it was like to take over Elmo and just he stuck the puppet in their face and was like "Elmo doesn't know what you're talking about!"; I guess in hindsight he was probably doing as he was trained, so I'm probably wrong on this... it probably wouldn't have been appropriate for him to just put the puppet down and start talking about his life, lol.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
One of the TMZ reporters was asking him what it was like to take over Elmo and just he stuck the puppet in their face and was like "Elmo doesn't know what you're talking about!"; I guess in hindsight he was probably doing as he was trained, so I'm probably wrong on this... it probably wouldn't have been appropriate for him to just put the puppet down and start talking about his life, lol.
Yeah, plus there were a lot of kids around. It might've been kind of awkward. The only time the performers are allowed to drop character like that would probably be at cons and such.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
It's a new breed too; if it was Frank "the Muppets aren't precious" Oz, he probably would've just dropped the character on a whim to talk about Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.