1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Muppet Halloween costumes!

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by BobThePizzaBoy, Jul 17, 2009.

1. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

yep that looks awesome!

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Actually, the Fozzie one is the only one I like. Something about the Kermit one seems wrong, and I hate where the eye holes are on Gonzo... and Animal is kinda cool, I guess (though they perpetuate the old standard of making his head a fuzzy pink lolipop).

The Piggy one is actually sort of cool... only relying on a snout a wig and a dress.

4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean about the eye holes. My wife was going to dress up as Piggy but she thinks that since It's just a wig with ears whats the point. I think that Gonzo looks really kind of bad, but i might get Kermit.

5. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

i only like fozzie. the other ones look weird.

6. BobThePizzaBoy

7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Costumes are usually fairly steep. I like Oscar one. It's clearly the best. The Bert and Ernie ones are fairly good too. Cookie and Elmo seem factory standard without much love, but okay.

I posted about the Muppet ones a while back. I got to see the actual catalog. The Miss Piggy one is that cheesy type of costume girls wear to look sexy, but it really is just dressing like a stripper. The gloves aren't even nearly correct. Just an all-around fail from me.

None of the Muppet Show costumes are that attractive to me, but it's good to see the characters making the rounds in this popular medium. Fozzie's the best, but I hope the swap the black pants for orange ones. The rubber masks are strange and should look better. Fozzie's is the closest. Kermit is okay, but why not a nekkid version? Animal is okay. He's hairy so he's a difficult sculpt. They really tried with this one. Gonzo, well. He just looks ugly. I'd rather had fuzzy Oscar-like translations if the likenesses were going to be this poor. Fuzzy costumes just seem more comforatble.

Still, this isn't for me becuase I don't do costumes so it's hard for me to judge. It's nice to see the Muppets around.

8. Drtooth

Someone forgot to tell them hoods are for 5 year olds. Man... what ever happened to masks. Everything is so safe and sterile now... no wonder kids grow out of things at obscenely young ages.

Unless it's hot. :insatiable:

9. BobThePizzaBoy

Is that towards me or the costume makers? :concern: I like the costumes for what they are but the Ernie and Bert masks are just weird.

10. Drtooth

The costume makers. I hate Halloween Hoods. Always have. I my day you wore a crappy plastic molded mask and YOU LIKED IT. Now everything is so safe and sanitized.... it's not fun anymore. And you just know someone's gonna ruin the Halloween candy aspect too.

Think about it... dressing up in your Halloween Hoods to get healthy snacks. God, parental groups ruin EVERYTHING.

I just find it terrible that they had to put them on adult costumes. I mean, we're old enough to know not to wear masks while crossing the street.

11. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

hahaha oh my gosh I love em :)

12. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Awesome. I am totally getting the Kermit one. I was planning as going as the Comedian from Watchmen, but he just can't compete with this!

13. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

I looked at those the other day. I dislike how the costumes come with a cheaper half-mask version of the character. So, if you wanted a really good Kermit costume, you'd be out almost a hundred bucks for the costume and the better full-head mask.

Makes me wonder how much green material and ping-pong balls one could buy for a hundred bucks.

My favorite Halloween costumes were always the ones we made rather than bought. Like the year my Dad made me a Rubik's Cube costume from a cardboard box, construction paper, and electrical tape.

:scary: Hmmm... I wonder if my nephew's tuxedo would fit me? I think I have an idea how to make a Kermit mask, and the hands and feet shouldn't be that hard...

DN

14. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

yep the fozzie one is the best one LOL i love Miss Piggy but that one is werid , i mean just having snout haha One thing though about the Miss piggy costume that i think though is cute that is the dress that was a good match for a costume i mean it actually looks like a costume that she had .

They did a bad job on the face and head gear part .

15. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

WooT! I always love it when they make Halloween rubber masks and costumes of characters like that!

But now on to my judging...

The Kermit the Frog adult costume is pretty interesting, I have to admit. It does stink that it doesn't come with the feet and that the mask only covers the front of your face; if it weren't for those details, it would seem more like a mascot costume!
    The stand-alone Kermit mask, though, looks fairly decent. It kinda reminds me of the early 1970s Kermit, and though it looks better than the version offered with the full costume, it still does look a tad odd.

The Gonzo costume... well, the body is cute, making our favorite blue-haired weirdo a "super weirdo," but the mask doesn't look that great with its dead-pan expression, almost resembling a cheap plastic Gonzo mask from the 1980s.
    The full-head mask does look a little more pleasant, making Gonzo smile, but it still is a little strange, mostly due to the skinny nose and the weird placement of the eyeholes.

As for the Miss Piggy costume, it looks good, but I do wish that it included the wig and a pig snout. I think wearing that costume as in the picture with a pig snout would make a big difference.
    The mask, however, looks pretty good. It even uses real "hair" instead of rubber hair.

The Statler and Waldorf masks look pretty convincing.

The Animal costume looks AWESOME! I mean, the mask could be better if it covered the whole head, but look. You get the chain, the spiked collar and the drumsticks too. A real deal!
    The mask of Animal looks pretty cool too.

The Fozzie Bear costume looks nice and fuzzy, but the mask is rather off-putting.
    However, the stand-alone latex Fozzie mask looks awesome! Maybe I'll get it some time.

Too bad I already planned to be Big Bad Wolf Daddy this Halloween...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCy258R2afA
    (I already have the latex mask and the paws and watch chain; I just need the perfect yellow zoot suit, hat and footpaws.)
    But who knows? Maybe next year or some time in the future, I can be Fozzie Bear!

Now, I'm still hoping one of those costume companies will make a deluxe full-head latex Scooby-Doo mask, like the one featured in the episode "Never Ape an Ape Man" :D

16. BobbyRobby

BobbyRobby New Member

i don't really care for store bought costumes.

[​IMG]

this is a fraggle costume i made myself for halloween two years ago.

17. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

i think they should just have one big line of muppet costumes
    :):o:halo:

18. BobThePizzaBoy

19. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

Kermit is and always will be the best of em all, but it would be a nice touch if they made him without the tux, just plain green and with the collar.

20. Nekoshema

Nekoshema Member

lol, wow, animal looks interesting, fozzie does too. the mrs. piggie one is strange. i wouldn't buy them, just because i've made my costumes since i was... well, 3... but that has given me an idea for this year ;)