1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppet Haunted Hotel

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by MuppetVison, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Scott, if you can.. umm.. sneak by a little information..just a little we'd appreaciate it!

2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I wonder what would happen if Frank Oz was able to take out time to write a screenplay, direct the film, and perform in it?

3. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Hey Fozzie-

In Ken Plume's Frank Oz interview, Frank mentions that he has an original idea for a new Muppet movie.

He says, "That's why I want to do the next Muppet movie, because I'm excited about a particular idea, and the idea is something that Jim and Jerry Juhl and I thought of 15 years ago."

I'm not sure if "do" means direct, produce, or what (probably direct), but it was also two years ago, so Frank may feel differently now.

- Billy :cool:

4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I think it was rumored that the film would be "Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made."

5. Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus New Member

I think "The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made" sounds like a very cool movie! One thing that I didn't like about KSY was that Gonzo and Piggy and Fozzie weren't in it. I mean, I know it's supposed to be Kermit's movie, but It would be so cute to see baby versions of them all. Like in The Muppets Take Manhatten. Oh well........

Sir Didymus

6. Drtooth

Okay, Scott...Here's the deal...you tell us the plot if the movie isn't made...okay?

7. danielromens

danielromens Member

no serious offence dr tooth, just some playful ribbing, but why am I not surprised that the same guy who thinks a disney buyout is a good idea thinks that a toy story 3 is a good idea. why do movies have to have sequels. unless they're top notch I say let the originals be classics instead of making them stale.

some of the straight to video bs has tainted my love of the original films. I just can't get the "two bad the had to ruin it with (place title here) ...." kinds of frases out of my head with things like peter pan, lion king, aladin, and the list goes on. I'm just waiting for Dopey to get his own adventure. Yuck

8. Drtooth

Honestly, I don't think the genius behind "Cinderella 2" would do Toy Story 3. They are differnt companies. I felt Toy Story 2 was better than the first (something rare, I never like sequals more). Alladin 3 was pretty good, but only because of Robin Williams. As for the cartoon series, I hated Tarzan, and such, but I liked Timon and Pumbaa, and Buzz Lightyear (I am such a Stooge), plus I am both Psyched and worried that the Lilo and Stitch moivie will be a cartoon (allong with Emperor's new Groove, my two fav Dizzy Flicks)

But I am not saying that Disney buying them is the best thing that will happen to them. I mean, there will be amusment park stuff. I prefer them buying Disney compaired to lets say, Viacom or Saban!

9. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Yer, yer. The Muppets turn into Gosts. Great Story line!!!

NOT.

I would be ashamed to be a Muppet fna.