Muppet Impostors!

Animal31

Reaction score
Impostors or Parodys? They kind of remind me of DC Follies.....

Slackbot

Reaction score
This looks to me like a French Spitting Image. I loved that show back in the late '80s, and would kill to get it on DVD, dated though the humor would be now.

NextJim1225

Reaction score
That's actually what that is. It's called "Le Bebete Show" and in ran from the late 80s to 1992 or somethin' like that. It was like a combo of "Spitting Image" and season 1 of TMS. They took French political leaders and caricaturized them as Muppets. They actually had guest stars too. I remember having nightmares after one episode because the puppets on that show freak me out...

mupcollector1

Reaction score
OH YEAH, Le Bebete Show. I'm thinking of getting the DVD, I know they dropped The Muppet spoofs when Les Guignols De L'info were betting them in the ratings so they became more Spitting Image like. In 1991, Les guignols spoofed them. It's super funny. I don't know French. But trust me.

Again, this is a satire on Bebete by Guignols.

And I think some of the puppeteers either from Bebete or Guignols or both worked on Muppets TV, the French production that Disney produced and they shipped the actual puppets to them. Now that's a nightmare. lol Then again, the current German Sesame now has the Ernie and Bert puppets.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I forgot to mention, They made a doll of Kermlord I think that's what they nicknamed the French President as Kermit. I think I seen it floating around eBay. lol If I own that and had it on my desk, I'd probably put a same size Kermit plus next to him. lol

muppetperson

Reaction score
I can work out who most of the characters are suppose to be, but still trying to work out who the black furry guy is suppose to be with the green tie? He is in the middle front row.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Not all the characters were Muppet analogues. I'm guessing he's only spoofing a political figure without Muppet reference.