Muppet Impressions

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
It's really hard to do characters that are so close to the performer's real-life voice, like Fozzie or Kermit or Scooter. The extent of believable Kermit and Fozzie I can do is basically "aaaAaah", "wocka wocka", and "YAYYYYY!" (arm flails included). I can sort of fudge Scooter when I sing, but there's so much Richard in Scooter's voice that it's hard to master.

As I said before, Baby Kermit and Fozzie are so much easier.
Yeah. I think Scooter was real close to Richard's actual voice and that is one of the hardest to imitate which is most likely why it's been hard for Henson associates to find a replacement performer for him.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
People say my Kermit is good, but as an honest truth – it's not. I like to do Grover, and I think it's not too shabby, but as a general rule; I've never seen (or rather heard) anyones Muppet impersonation that was great, myself included.

I believe that Gonzo is the hardest voice to imitate.

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
I can imitate virtually ALL the Jim-performed characters (though I need some work differentiating Rowlf from Dr. Teeth). And about two weeks ago, I did a spot-on impression of Miss Piggy! I am trying to master the Richard Hunt-performed Muppets at this time.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Yeah, Dr. Teeth is basically a slightly higher pitched Rowlf. I kinda have a bit of trouble with those two myself, but they have different ways of speaking, with Teeth being funkier.

Probably my best would be Sam the Eagle or Swedish Chef. My Lew Zealand is good too.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I can't do any at the moment cuz I'm sick with a cold, but when I' healthy i can do a decent Kermit and Grover :smile::super:

Dearth

Reaction score
I think Pepe is probably the most infectious Muppet voice to do. Once you get the basics down, you will find yourself using that voice to synthesize new lines, not just the ones you've heard him do before.

Once you start, is really hard to stop, hokay?

But Link Hogthrob and Beauregard are probably the two that I have 'quoted' the most often. Link's "You were in the driver's seat; you forgot to push the stoppy-thing!" and Beau's "I'm sorry. I can only take you as far as the lobby!" just seem to pop up an awful lot in my everyday conversation, whether they're apropos or not.

And this one is obscure, but I have really been running it into the ground... in "The Muppets on Puppets", during the muddled fairytale, Taminella Grinderfall (Jerry Juhl) asks confused narrator Rowlf, "What's the matter with YOU, doggie?"

If I see a worried look cross the face of my wife or my kids, I always slip into Tammy for a moment and express my concern disguised in her abrasive way. In fact, I have to stop myself from using the line at work, where I know no one will catch the decades-old reference.

DN

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I can imitate Baby Piggy way better than Adult Piggy. Any character with a gravelly voice is basically out. I want to do Scooter (wait, that doesn't sound right, LOL), but while I can hear it in my head, for some reason it doesn't come out right. I'd love to imitate Junior, but it's hard for the same reason. Otherwise, Red would be closest to my natural voice, while I can imitate Mokey in a somewhat decent fashion, and I'd love Cotterpin, if only it didn't hurt so much to try the helium-like Doozer voices.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
People say my Kermit is good, but as an honest truth – it's not. I like to do Grover, and I think it's not too shabby, but as a general rule; I've never seen (or rather heard) anyones Muppet impersonation that was great, myself included.
Agreed. I've never heard a good Muppet impression, and to prove it...

Bad Muppet Impressions by moi, including a reading of one of The Wimp Monologues at the end.

CountFan1998

Reaction score
In, my opinion, all I have for Fozzie is a mediocre AaAaAHh! VeRrRy FUuNny! and Wocka! Wocka! All I have for Kermit is, basically, YYYAAAYYY! with flailing arms. Although, I am working on Baby Kermit. I can make my mom crack up with my Pepe impersonation. I can do Zoot, Dr. Teeth, but not that good, and I will try VERY VERY HARD to do a dead-on Animal.