Muppet Kubrick Collection

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of my current Muppet Kurbick collection!

The rare Beaker is coming to me soon! :eek: I already have the color-coated Oscar assortment. I'm skipping the multicolored Elmos (go figure) and I might just get the Blue Twiddlebug someday, but the green one is good enough for me.

It's so cool they made Herry, Little Bird and Prairie Dawn. Of course they skipped Zoe, Telly, Snuffy and Cookie among others, but this is such rare decision making. My thought is that they planned multiple series of both Muppets and Sesame that didn't come to fruition. I remember it being said that the Muppets were to have Scooter, Rowlf, Animal, the Swedish Chef and some others for an additional series. Does anyone have reporting on what that defunct line-up was to be?

Anyway, thought I'd share. After collecting and working on Palisades' figure assortments I am both inspired to collect, but also picky. These have such a unique, adorable kitschy value to them that after getting the Oscar colors for my birthday I had to keep going. It's sad that these seem to have stopped. If anyone in Japan is listening - we want more Muppet Kubricks! :super:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Great collection.Are you going to get the Kermit supreme kubrick?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I remember it being said that the Muppets were to have Scooter, Rowlf, Animal, the Swedish Chef and some others for an additional series. Does anyone have reporting on what that defunct line-up was to be?

Anyway, thought I'd share. After collecting and working on Palisades' figure assortments I am both inspired to collect, but also picky. These have such a unique, adorable kitschy value to them that after getting the Oscar colors for my birthday I had to keep going. It's sad that these seem to have stopped. If anyone in Japan is listening - we want more Muppet Kubricks! :super:
Well, My guess is this... I remember hearing someone say that while Sesame Street was popular in Japan, the Muppet show really wasn't. Outside of maybe Kermit, but since he is a regular on SS, he may be considered a Sesame Street character. So, I think the Sesame line sold enough to warrent a second series, but the Muppet show really didn't. Personally, I'm kicking myself for never getting the Muppet sets, and they never sold the Sesame line around me... but someone did give me a Grover.

As for Sesame Street... well, I guess they could have had a thrid line up, but the only major major character they're missing is Cookie Monster. Shame he isn't in the line up.

Personally, I'd kill for the Kinnikuman Kubricks... Unfortunately, I do not have a picture or could find one of them. But trust me.

Of course, if they had a Kinnikuman trachea plug, I'd buy it-had I any cash. but that's just me.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Love these things!

Unless I can find a good price I'll likely pass on the Supreme Kermit Kubrick. I'm not that much of a completist, but if that Kermit came with some sort of signature skateboard he could ride that would be a different matter!

:eek: I still couldn't believe they left Beaker to be a chase. Animal and Beaker are sure-sellers! Sam should have been the chase. But these are geared to Japanese tastes so who knows?

:halo: Animal, Scooter, Rowlf, Swedish Chef, Rizzo and a Robin chase would have made for an excellent second and final Muppet Kubrick installment. I do remember some of those mentioned as possibilities, but the packaging doesn't reference a series number so it is my belief that it was planned upon release to be a one-shot deal.

:insatiable: Cookie, Zoe, Sherlock Hemlock, Snuffy, Telly and a Pink Twiddlebug chase would have made for a great third and final Sesame Street Kubrick installment.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I remember seeing these Kubricks a long time ago (right?) but I skipped them. I think I spent all my money on the Palisades figures, and now the NECO Labyrinth and Master Replicas prop Muppets...no money to collect these neat things.

So, are you going to make a playset for them to hang out in? :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
But you know why I usually say how I dislike the pseudo-Japanese looking blind boxed packaged vynals? It's because I like the original Japanese stuff like this much, much, much better.

Anyway, I can't find it, but something you may be interrested in. I remember seeing a set of Woody Woodpecker Kubricks, and one of the characters was Oswald, the Lucky Rabbit- a couple years before the character was sold back to Disney. Of course, they're slightly different from the regular ones. I think their called "Taitio Prize Kubricks", or something like that.

shimauta

Reaction score
A Woody Woodpecker Kubrick? That sounds awesome! I found a store here in Tokyo that sells nothing but Kubricks so I will have to see if I can find it!

Drtooth

Reaction score
A Woody Woodpecker Kubrick? That sounds awesome! I found a store here in Tokyo that sells nothing but Kubricks so I will have to see if I can find it!

They're the ones that come in the larger boxes, and I think they may be arcade prizes or something, but that was years and years ago.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Those are pretty cool, but I don't really know too much about them, but after seeing some of the threads about this Muppet ones and I've seen a few others, I'm starting to get a little interested in collecting them myself. Is there some kind of guilde or something for them?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Those are pretty cool, but I don't really know too much about them, but after seeing some of the threads about this Muppet ones and I've seen a few others, I'm starting to get a little interested in collecting them myself. Is there some kind of guilde or something for them?
You kind of have to hunt them down.

:attitude: The Muppets complete series of Kubricks contain Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Sam and a very rare chase Beaker. These are all blind-boxed assortments. There's also a Supreme Kermit (a skateboard brand) that wears a t-shirt.

:wisdom: The three series (counting the color scheme thrid series) Sesame assortment includes:
Big Bird, Little Bird, Count, Grover, Ernie, Bert, Herry, Prairie Dawn, Oscar (with 6 additional color schemes), Elmo (with 6 additional color schemes) a rare chase Green Twiddlebug and a rare chase Blue Twiddlebug.

:eek: These are blind boxed so you don't really know what you're going to get. It seems to be all about the secondary market with Kubricks so they kind of turned me off until I tracked down the compete sets. I am missing the Blue Twiddlebug, the Supreme Kermit and the 6 other Elmo assortments, but my Beaker should be arriving soon. Most of this is from Ebay. Hope this helped.