Muppet Lore

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am new here!
Although in the last few days since I joined, I have had lots of fun leaving posts and learning stuff along the way!

I thought that I would start a thread, where fans could leave interesting tidbits about their favourite Muppets. What do you guys think?

I myself am getting to know the Muppets all over again. I am in my late 20's so that meant I was probably about 5-7 when I watched the shows. So I don't have anything interesting to start with. (Too many years, sad years passed since I last watched the Muppets. But now I am getting to know them all over again!)

So to start with I'd like to ask a question:

My favourite Muppet is Rowlf. I read in Toyfare that he said that he was a beer drinking dog in the Muppet Movie. Is that true?
That would explain his big belly on his action figure if it is. Hehehe!

matleo

Reaction score
Yeah in the Muppet Movie just before he sings with Kermit he talks about his nightly routine, "I leave work, go home, read couple of books, drink a couple of beers, take myself for a walk and go to bed." Hope this answers your question.

--Matt

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Thanks Matleo for the answer to Rowlf's drinking tastes!
So kermit drinks grasshoppers! I had a Shake once called a grasshopper - not good for the stomach. Kids maybe, but too much chocolate and mint! Rowlf drinks beer - how great is that!

Anyone else have any good tidbits on the Muppets?