Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

Beauregard

Reaction score
Anticipation built this week as leaked reports hinted that something BIG was heading in the general direction of MuppetTown (Muppet Town is not a real place...that's not the news).

beaker said:
I really wish I could post what I know...all I'll say is this:

...I've said nothing
Earlier today, an old member resurfaced with THIS interesting info:

SarahOnBWay said:
Hey!

I seriously doubt that Disney is contemplating selling the Muppets. I was just over on the Muppet wikia site a little while ago and I came across a pilot that Bill Barretta finished filming in January 2007. The idea is something about a mockumentary-style show focusing on the Muppets trying to put together a new TV show. It actually seems, contrary to the ideas for America's Next Muppet and the actual outcome of Muppet Wizard of Oz, like a good idea. The article references funny things like Sam's become a security guard and Fozzie worked for awhile as a writer on Moesha.

So long story short, I seriously doubt if Disney gave the go ahead for a pilot to be produced this month that they have any intention of selling the Muppets at the present time.
Following this, Fozzie bear dug up a link:

FozKev said:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/2007_Presentation_Pilot

New Muppet Show--or, trying to get there...SarahonBway pointed this out.
Now...I for one am tres excited...am I getting ahead of the gun? I decided we should have a thread for thoughts, feelings, and ideas.

EDIT: Juts remembered that I should have reminded everyone that it is, as title says, a rumour, a speculation, an unconfirmed creation...for the moment...I will now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It's good to be ahead of the gun, but better to be ahead of the bullet!

Good things could happen, and I hope it comes to pass.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
i just don;t want to get my hopes up its been 10 years since anything new`

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
To Scooter and all those who knew before the wikia info was found--where did you guys find out??

Vic Romano

Reaction score
This is an internet forum, so I think it's only right we jump the gun, eat the bullet and generate a buzz!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
THis sounds great! I heard this the other day. What I want to know is why everyone was keeping it secret? This is HUGE! I really hope it goes through. ^_^

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
I really really wanna know--how did everyone else hear about this?! I found it randomly during a bout of procrastination, but people are saying they knew before--Mrs. Pepper, how did you hear?