Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

Beauregard

Reaction score
Although they have been known to use '****' before...

But I agree. They shouldn't really curse.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i don't agree they should cuss. The humor should be edgy but not offensive. I really don't think Disney should be allowing them to swear on that French show. Even if they do use it a lot in France they are still The Muppets after all.

MWoO

Reaction score
What are they saying on the French show?

The muppets should never have to be bleeped, but casual swearing has always been used sparingly when appropriate. I mean, Robin shouldn't say "What the ****?" but KErmit saying it in the original pitch reel is funny.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Personally, I like it when the Muppets are a little edgier and updated. The Muppet Show's humor wasn't exactly the same as Rowlf's humor in The Jimmy Dean Show. It was more adult. Not saying Rowlf on Jimmy Dean wasn't funny, but the Muppets were still updated from that. Coolio said it best: The Muppets are hip just being the Muppets (paraphrased).

Now, that doesn't mean the Muppets can't grow with the times. So long as at the heart of it all they're the Muppets.
I completely agree.

Also, one of Jim's last appearances with Rowlf on "The Arsenio Hall Show" Rowlf said "S.O.B.!", but that was a late night show so yeah. I love edgy adult muppets though.

Luke

Reaction score
MWoO said:
What are they saying on the French show?
From what i gather, pretty much everything including the F word, but not going as far as the C word.

Luke

Reaction score
From a translation i saw, they said the F word four times in one sketch. I can't vouch for how accurate the translation is but i would gather the person in France who translated would be pretty stupid if they mistook the F word, i'm sure its used quite commonly there.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I didn't realize saying "French" was so offensive.... wait, wrong "F" word.

Barry Lee said:
Also, one of Jim's last appearances with Rowlf on "The Arsenio Hall Show" Rowlf said "S.O.B.!", but that was a late night show so yeah. I love edgy adult muppets though.
Well, while I would classify that as "edgy", there's nothing offensive about it, considering the context. Yes, Rowlf is an "S.O.B." Arsenio's not, but Rowlf would probably consider this as sort of a bond, claiming he was of the same kind.

Tim

Reaction score
Just found this on JimHillMedia.com:

"...If you ask me, Jim, the property Disney overpaid for was the Muppets. Over at Muppet Central.com, there's a rumor that a 10-minute "muppet mockumentary" pilot has been filmed and is being reviewed by the Disney suits for a possible launch as a new Muppet show. So Disney is still trying, but for my money, it may be better to cut losses and sell or shelve that particular property...

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Tim said:
Just found this on JimHillMedia.com:

"...If you ask me, Jim, the property Disney overpaid for was the Muppets. Over at Muppet Central.com, there's a rumor that a 10-minute "muppet mockumentary" pilot has been filmed and is being reviewed by the Disney suits for a possible launch as a new Muppet show. So Disney is still trying, but for my money, it may be better to cut losses and sell or shelve that particular property...
The funny thing is that, seeing as how this person apparently visits MC, s/he probably considers her/himself a fan and yet says to "shelve" the Muppets. Lovely.