1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Muppet Moments That Scared You As a Kid

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Harleena, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Harleena

Harleena Well-Known Member

Any Muppet Moments that scared you when you were little? For me, it was basically just all of Fraggle Rock, and the Flying Monkeys in Muppets Wizard of Oz.

2. Harleena

However, I happened to see one Muppet Show sketch as a kid. This was Marisa Berenson singing "Our House". For whatever reason, I loved it.

3. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

-The whole Alice Cooper episode.
    -The Yip-Yips on Sesame Street.
    -Uncle Deadly (Even though I think he's funny now).
    -All of Elmo Says Boo.

The orange creature with green hair at 0:41 used to scared me:

Harleena and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  4. Whatnot1988

Whatnot1988 Active Member

Here are some of mine:

-Sesame Street's Guy Smiley (you try explaining his enthusiastic tone of voice to a 1-to-2-year-old)
    -Any time any Muppet production (or cartoon, for that matter) uses a camera move TVTropes defines as "Eating the Camera"--but only when a character's uvula (the teardrop-shaped piece seen hanging from the roof of a character's mouth) is shown, which made me very scared when characters burst into song since it's one of the most common instances where this trope has been used.
    -When Gonzo accidentally set Rizzo on fire in The MCC (you're speaking to a pyrophobe here because of it), and also the gunpowder chase in MTI

Harleena and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  5. Grovette

Grovette New Member

Sweetums. :grr:
    Strange because I didn't find him scary back when I watched him on the shows or movies. Just ended up having frequent nightmares about him when I was a kid.

Harleena likes this.
  6. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Junior Gorg

Professor Krassman from the Muppet Movie

Hugga Wugga

Harleena likes this.
  7. WereFox

WereFox Active Member

Nothing with Muppets ever scared me. I'm practically fearless! ;)

MikaelaMuppet and scooterfan360 like this.
  8. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

the scene in the Muppets take Manhattan, when Kermit gets hit by a car, that scared me as a kid.

Harleena likes this.
  9. Harleena

For some reason, the scene in Cinderelmo where he falls out of the armor suit made me cry as a kid.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  10. WereFox

WereFox Active Member

Maybe you thought he was hurt? Nothing can scare me.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  11. MuppetMan28

MuppetMan28 Member

I don't know how, but Miss Piggy always scared me as a kid. I was not really into The Muppets back then. When I went to the McDonalds I gained a Miss Piggy toy. At home I was so scared of it that I threw it from the stairs and my parents later threw the toy into the trash. Now I'm actually plannig to get it back from ebay or something for my Muppet collection.

MikaelaMuppet and scooterfan360 like this.
  12. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

None of the classic Muppet characters have ever scared me, but on Sesame Street, both Oscar and Elmo gave me nightmares when I was little.

If I were to expand out to the further Henson universes, The Skeksis Scientist (Skektek???) freaks me out even to this day....

scooterfan360 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  13. backpackmina

backpackmina Active Member

The old Jim Henson Company logo intro with the Kermit face always scared the crap out of me.

Still does :o

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  14. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Wow. Never heard that one before.

MikaelaMuppet and Flaky Pudding like this.
  15. backpackmina

Also, Benny was the only reason I avoided the Around the Corner era...those eyebrows..

[​IMG] [​IMG]

WereFox and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  16. WereFox

WereFox Active Member

Are you kidding? He looks adorable! :)

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  17. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I agree! :)

Benny Rabbit is adorable! :D

18. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Actually, something about him is a little unsettling, maybe it's his teeth.

backpackmina likes this.
  19. backpackmina

NUH-UH!

20. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

When I was about 2-5 years old, I used to be afraid of The 39 Stairs sketch that I had on VHS. I think it was because of it being black and white, and how often the stairs were creaking. Once, I had a nightmare of that sketch, nothing more, and I woke up and I was on the floor (which confused me because I slept on top of a bunk bed) and I turned out to have a fever.

Another was Cookie Monster's Best Bites, whenever I reached the end when Cookie Monster would say, ''COOKIE DOUGH!'' I soo fast! When I returned a few seconds later, the credits would be on and he would be laughing-or whatever the ''AHHAHAHAH'' thing is- while pouring everything in the bowl. C is for Cookie also frightened me a ton, and sometimes still does for a few seconds.

This wasn't really brief but I have so many others to mention that these are just some of them that people would kind of care about.