MUPPET MOVIE AND GMC DVD's RELEASED!!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Got Mine...

hey gang,

I bought ALL 4 Claassic Muppet movies on dvd lastnight! I did enjoy them. Pepe's Profiles are...alright NOT the greatest, but good! Made me laugh a few times! :smile: Yes, yes I did do the double-dip, meaning I already own MCC and MTI the first time they came to DVD, but I seen them Next to TMM and TGMC, thos two I just HAD to get, I only owned the old vhs tapes that Disney/Buena Vista back in 1993. But I also wanted MCC and MTI in WS. The covers are good, "The Muppet Movie" logo i didnt like at first but its growing on me and the MTI cover kinda bugs me but I'll live! Could have used a bit more stuff like "Making of" or a "Sing a long" but thats ok too, I'll live! :halo: anys there good If you dont own them on DVD or in WS or just want them to say that you own them...get em! there good! :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Do The Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island still have the Jim Henson Productions logo at the beginning and end or is it replaced with the Muppet Studios logo?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Do The Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island still have the Jim Henson Productions logo at the beginning and end or is it replaced with the Muppet Studios logo?
It has both, with the "Walt Disney Pictures" logo still! oddy tho TMM and TGMC only have the Muppet Studios Logo followed by "Jim Henson Pictures" with No "Walt Disney Pictures" logo. :cool:

cabbageheat

Reaction score
muppets censored

ok, so whats up?

Disney has now taken the liberty to actually cut out kermits line about "grasshoppers" when he heads into the bar?

is this true?

I just bought the DVD, but havn't opened it. I may be taking it back if that's the case. I am not going to get on the bandwagon here, and start a convincing argument about censorship, but when the heck does Disney have the authority to do this? where was Brian henson? does he even know its been edited? what the fred?

and a severe lack of extras really sucked, but perhaps, they weren't running the cameras behind the scenes at the time (though, Henson was always good at this, regardless). So, whats the deal? is this true?

if so. . . this is not an authentic release.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
cabbageheat said:
ok, so whats up?

Disney has now taken the liberty to actually cut out kermits line about "grasshoppers" when he heads into the bar?

is this true?

I just bought the DVD, but havn't opened it. I may be taking it back if that's the case. I am not going to get on the bandwagon here, and start a convincing argument about censorship, but when the heck does Disney have the authority to do this? where was Brian henson? does he even know its been edited? what the fred?

and a severe lack of extras really sucked, but perhaps, they weren't running the cameras behind the scenes at the time (though, Henson was always good at this, regardless). So, whats the deal? is this true?

if so. . . this is not an authentic release.
I dont re-call hearing any-thing about Kermit saying "grasshoppers", I'll have to go check again for ya! *gets off to go see...*

...oh and BTW I dont really think any one at Henson, even Brian for that matter doenst have any say anymore, now that the Muppets are at Disney!

*runs off to go pop in TMM dvd...*

minor muppetz

Reaction score
cabbageheat said:
According to the Internet Movie Database, this scene has been cut from all releases of the film after the original theatrical release. Have you ever actually seen this scene? I'm guessing you didn't unless you saw it when it was first released in theatres (and even then, I'm surprised that you'd remember this specific line as it doesn't seem very memorable, but then again, the person who posted this info at the internet movie database, and i'm not asking whether it was you, must have remembered it unless he/ she was making it up). According to the internet movie database, it's possible that the scene was cut because the filmakers didn't want to promote alcohol in a kids movie, but this movie still had other, more direct alcohol refferences (such as Rowlf saying that he has a couple of beers before bed), and I don't think the kids would have gotten a grasshopper joke. The Internet Movie Database is sometimes wrong, but I'm going to just believe that the scene does exist unless proven otherwise.

i know that the u.k. release had some additional scenes in the movie as well as the ability for us to hear the muppets conversations during the ending credits more clearly. The first u.k. video release of this film is the same as the theatrical release (I'm not sure if that includes the grasshopper line, but my guess is no) but all additional video releases didn't have the extra scenes (I'm guessing that all other u.k. releases didn't have them).

I'm assuming that the version included in the new release is the same as the last DVD release, with the only difference being that a Muppet Studios logo is added (I've read a review saying that the run time for this DVD has a three second difference from the last DVD release because of this logo).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
It has both, with the "Walt Disney Pictures" logo still! oddy tho TMM and TGMC only have the Muppet Studios Logo followed by "Jim Henson Pictures" with No "Walt Disney Pictures" logo. :cool:
It's weird that the Jim Henson Pictures logo wasn't replaced, since it wasn't originally in the movie. I would expect it to still be included in Muppets From Space (has that movie been shown on TV since Disney bought the Muppets?), but I'd also expect it to be edited from Buddy and Elmo In Grouchland. I am a little confused, though. In MCC and MTI, is the Muppet Studios logo shown before or after the Jim Henson Productions logo? Before or after the walt Disney Pictures logo?

Luke

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
...oh and BTW I dont really think any one at Henson, even Brian for that matter doenst have any say anymore, now that the Muppets are at Disney!
Erm ... The Jim Henson Company have a 4 year consulting deal with Disney, i would assume they are consulted on EVERYTHING - whether it's new performers (who are employed by them anyway), dvd releases or plans for new DVD or Film productions (since they have a 3 year deal to MAKE them for Disney). Remember that Brian Henson is the one who has raised speculation on a Muppets Tonight DVD release and seemed to know when it was planned for if it was happening. I think we can all safely assume he, along with the rest of the Henson company are in the loop !!!

If anything ... Disney/MHC have shown they have absolutely no idea what to do with the Muppets and are announcing projects, cancelling projects and changing management staff all over the place. The stuff that has happened aside from merchandise (Kermits 50th, Oz and TV appearances) are just TV productions or publicity campaigns that are done by Henson people.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
It's weird that the Jim Henson Pictures logo wasn't replaced, since it wasn't originally in the movie. I would expect it to still be included in Muppets From Space (has that movie been shown on TV since Disney bought the Muppets?), but I'd also expect it to be edited from Buddy and Elmo In Grouchland. I am a little confused, though. In MCC and MTI, is the Muppet Studios logo shown before or after the Jim Henson Productions logo? Before or after the walt Disney Pictures logo?
MFS had been shown on TV, channel Toon Disney around this time lastyear!

Buddy is still with Henson but co-owned with Sony, same with Elmo in Grouchland with Sesame Workshop and co-owend with Sony! Just like MFS and MTM is co-owend now with Disney/MHC and Sony. :zany: The MS (Muppet Studios) logo is before all the other logo's on all 4 of the new Disney Muppet dvds.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Luke said:
Erm ... The Jim Henson Company have a 4 year consulting deal with Disney, i would assume they are consulted on EVERYTHING - whether it's new performers (who are employed by them anyway), dvd releases or plans for new DVD or Film productions (since they have a 3 year deal to MAKE them for Disney). Remember that Brian Henson is the one who has raised speculation on a Muppets Tonight DVD release and seemed to know when it was planned for if it was happening. I think we can all safely assume he, along with the rest of the Henson company are in the loop !!!

If anything ... Disney/MHC have shown they have absolutely no idea what to do with the Muppets and are announcing projects, cancelling projects and changing management staff all over the place. The stuff that has happened aside from merchandise (Kermits 50th, Oz and TV appearances) are just TV productions or publicity campaigns that are done by Henson people.
thanks for clearing that up luke! :smile: its what i thought but wasn't to sure about... thx!