1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppet Movie Clip: "Walter's Great Idea"

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Duke Remington, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Oh man, I love it. See, this is what bugs me about the trailers...none of the real movie shows through. The subtle oddball indie movie stuff.

4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Um so the oil guy is Edward G. Robinson? ;)

But anyway, that was pretty cute actually.

5. muppetlover123

i wanna see some muppet film clips!!

6. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

You know what makes me think this will be good? I didn't even really think about Walter as a puppet.

7. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah I thought the same thing actually.

8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I remember in 2002 on here, I joked how they should have an indie comedy or rom-com that just so happened to have Pepe in it or another Muppet. No weird angle, just treat him as an actual person

9. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I didn't even notice that until you said it...I didn't either.

I did in that other clip, because I found the voice/puppet jarring together, having not really seen him speak before. I like that they are showing not-too-spoilery parts...although I guess we now know who discovers Tex's plan (like we hadn't already guessed)

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  10. monkeyjb1988

monkeyjb1988 Member

That scene gives me high hopes for the film. It got good by Walter's bad guy impersonation and just awesome by the end. Can't wait to see the film.

Duke Remington likes this.
  11. terrimonster

terrimonster Active Member

I didn't expect to laugh out loud, but I did. It's so simple, but I didn't see it coming (but I should have, because Pink's is that good).

12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

We're gonna wind up watching the entire movie piece by piece before it actually comes out, aren't we? :fishy:

shinycelebi225 likes this.
  13. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

grrr all these clips coming out and im really trying not to watch...i dont like this part of movies...they start pushing out clips and when you get to the theater youve already seen the movie

14. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

A few clips ain't gonna hurt anything. Besides isnt anyone curious about the tone of the film? We have gleaned nothing from the teasers and trailers as far as pacing, feel, tone. These short 30 second clips kind of show what the actual film is like

theprawncracker likes this.
  16. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

ha LOVE IT! ;)

17. muppetlover123

its pretty awesome so far

18. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

its my own personal things...this past summer Transformer sshowed so much that when i got the the theater i was left with almost no surprises and felt i had already watched most of it
    ands its not just transformers ive noticed alot of movies have been doing it recently sometimes sticking whole scenes in trailers

tone? i got the tone from the second trailer and again the final one but again thats my personal thing i was able to pick up im not saying everyone should have...im avoiding these clips till i see the movie

19. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Well-Known Member

That was a good gag, funny stuff. Loved it.

20. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

True, although so far they've mostly shown us Walter/Jason clips...things that we don't necessarily care that much about anyway. And the actual trailers have mostly been sight gags and one-liners, so I don't feel like everything's been spoiled. (Only to those who have sat for ages, analysed and figured out the entire movie from start to finish...)