Muppet Movie Figures?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hear tell that there are Muppet Movie figures down the line, so here's my two cents (it would be more, but I spent 30 bucks on paper for art supplys alone, darn it)

This is considering we have no Human characters in the line.

I think that in the line of TMM, there isn't anything that would be too new. I figure Kermit's swamp play set, Cowboy Kermit, Director Kermit, and Beauty Queen Piggy. (maybe the church or El Sleezo Cafe playsets, maybe Fozzie should be dresed like the bartender).

GMC, better choices, but there is a reporter Kermit in the works, anyway (Reporter Gonzo, and Fozzie aren't however). But you have quite a selection of Piggy's. Maybe a Happiness Hotel playset?

MTM? I haven't seen in a while, so bear with me. There are Manhattan Melodies variants of the characters, plus Rizzo Waiter, and Kermit and Piggy getting Married (a solution to people who want Bride and Groom Piggy and Kermits). Plus Muppet Babies (Muppets, rather than cartoon versions)

MCC and MTI...Now we're getting somewhere!! (Unless Disney says other wise) Bob Cratchett (sp) Kermit, Charles Dickens Gonzo and Rizzo (to name a few)... not to mention Ghosts of Christmas past present and future! As for MTI, You have the characters as various roles, plus Clueless morgan, Sweet Marie, and Big bad Polly to name a few (deja vu)!

As for MFS, we have invisible Fozzie...maybe make his hands colored in (Mama bear says wash your hands..no exceptions).

And KSY, (if anyone wants them) has an even bigger amount of new characters.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I would love a Kermit in an afro MTM action figure...

(with boffo socko script pack-in)

:big_grin:

Ashmanarion

Reaction score
Well like you said, we have the Fozzie from MFS. and his hands are colored in so they're brown. Don't know if you didn't know exactly what the figure looked like, but I thought I'd post anyway:smile:

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
I'd love to see Kermit on a bike...with Banjo and pack. Ditto all your other ideas but I would love to see a Ghost of Christmas Yet to come...or I couls just glue some creepy hands onto my Ringwraith figure. :cool:

But Kermit's Swamp Years figures? Save the plastic!Yech what an awful movie! It was like the "Episode 1" of the Muppet movies, if ya know what I mean...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Save the plastic...that's a laugh!!! They still make Power Ranger figures that rot on the shelves.

Honestly, I'd love to see a Fovie MTI figure. I'd have to say I like MTI better than MCC because Foz has a bigger, and funnier part in MTI ("What are rich half wit sons for?") and he was just Fozziewig (or Fuzzywig, whatever) for like 5 minutes in Mcc

Or as Statler and Waldorf would say

It was pointless

It was useless

It was....short

I LOVED IT!!!!

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Well I guess all the individual figure ideas have been said, so a few "playset" suggestions...

GMC - a balloon that comes with either Fozzie or Kermit... and maybe some other regular figures could be specially shaped so that they can lean/hang out of the edge of the basket

MTI - the obvious boat and/or crows nest

TMTM - movie foyer/box office with Scooter and his popcorn (incidentally, the running theme in the early Muppet movies, wherein Scooter is always in some kind of visual gag including popcorn... is that a deliberate running gag, or just a co-inkydink?)

- Dog pound with Rowlf

- Beauty Counter with Miss Piggy

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
What about a Studebacher, Prince of Plunger's Mobile, and the EM Bus??

FOZ

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Not forgetting the Muppet Central playset, with figures of all of us...

unless the people from the Simpsons sue because we all look remarkably like the Comic Store guy

"Ooh, a fat sarcastic Star Trek fan... you must be a real devil with the ladies"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Once again, a reply towards "not wasting plastic" on KSY toys...

What about Stuart Little 2? All this merchandise and it bombed like crazy. Dreadful, Dreadful stuff! I went to a couple of Wendy's locations to get a Mario toy, and one had the stupid STuart Little toy!

How can a movie with James Woods, Nathan Lane, Michael J. Fox, and Hugh Laurie (the stupid Prince from Black Adder the 3rd) be soooo bad?!!

As far as Muppet Movie figures go.....
I forgot MTM's Bill, Gill, and Jill, also!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Invisable Spray Fozzie

I saw a picture of it today in one of those Toy magazines. You're right. It is from MFS. Even has the MFS logo! I also like how it comes with the duck ("Ah! The old invisable spray in a rubber duckie trick"- Kermit, after Maxwell Smart)

COOL! Too bad I don't go for rare varients (monetary constraints you know), since it's pretty cool!

But total agreement on Fozzie's Studibaker, and the vehicles. If Palisades did die cast vehicles, I'd love to see those. (I mean the expensive Beatles type ones, none of that Matchbox stuff!)

As for Cherry Pizza, I for one do NOT look like comic book guy, instead I resemble a young, unshaven, George Costanza!