1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Movie Green Carpet Premiere - Sydney Australia

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by satay chicken, Nov 21, 2011.

1. satay chicken

satay chicken New Member

Hi all,

I've found a few news articles that have said Kermit and Jason Segel will be at the Australian premiere of the Muppet Movie on December 21st 2011 in Sydney. But that's all the information I can find :grr:

I'd really like to attend the premiere (even if it's just to stand on the green carpet and wave at Kermit). Have an Aussies heard more info than that? Or know of where to find more info? I went to the Australian Disney site, but they had no contact details that I could see :rolleyes:
  2. kamere

kamere New Member

Hi there,

Yes, I am also looking for this info...can't find nothing yet. Would think it would be at George Street, or maybe Fox Studios. If I don't know by the week before, I'm just going to call around places to see if I can find what's the deal.

Good luck!
  3. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

4. satay chicken

satay chicken New Member

I thought the same thing too. It's strange that there's been zero promotion for this premiere. Turns out that I might not be able to make it down to Sydney now, as that week is a pretty big work week for me. Time will tell ;) Good luck to you too!

It's released officially here on January 12th, but the premiere is December 21st.
  5. muppetperson

It's released officially here on January 12th, but the premiere is December 21st.[/quote]

Yes, I have since seen a couple of internet releases from Sky News and Bigpond, which are vertually identical, so it must be from a Disney Press Release.I am hoping to fly down, if I can find out where it is and if the Public can go.
  6. muppetperson

Found out it is invitation only.:cry: But the public can gather out side and watch Kermit and Jason go in.It is at Westfield, Bondi Junction and they will be there from 5 pm.
  7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

My dream is to go to Australia(and New Zealand) some day.

Fact: Australian girls are quite attractive:3

8. kamere

kamere New Member

oh wow- bondi, huh! thanks for that. how did you find that out? figured it would be invite only, but my Muppet Whatnot nad I will be there to have a look.
  9. satay chicken

satay chicken New Member

Good sleuthing! How did you find out? I have a contact at Disney and all they could tell me was that it would be invite only for industry reps with a few tickets going to the public through competitions (probably through the Sydney Morning Herald, etc).

The info I'm really wanting to know is if Kermit/Steve will be stopping to talk to people/take photos on the green carpet. It would be a dream come true to meet him! :)
  10. Wockawocka721

Wockawocka721 New Member

I would gather...even if I was hundreds of feet away! The atmosphere for a premiere has to be incredible!!!
  11. muppetperson

I found out from Disney.Kermit will be elivated so people can see him,so I dont think he will be approachable.I asked if I could get my photo taken with Kermit and the answer was no!
  12. satay chicken

satay chicken New Member

Awww, that sucks :grouchy: I really don't think I could justify the money for flights or time off from work if there wasn't an opportunity to meet him :boo:
  13. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

That'll be pretty weird judging that FOX just made a stupid story against The Muppets and now the premiere is there.
  14. Jackie Warner

Jackie Warner New Member

bondi junction premieres always suck with set up. I hope to meet him on the carpet :)

SO EXCITED THOUGH!!! :) love jas& kermit
  15. patchlion

patchlion New Member

Hey All,
    I'm new to this forum but have always enjoyed reading and catching up on all things Muppet! . . . I think I was one of the first members to Muppet Central when it was first launched. The Muppets have been a great influence in my life so much so I studied film and television and produced my own kids show back in 1999 -2000 full of puppets in my hometown of Christchurch.
    I live in Sydney and will be with the crowds at the Premier on Wednesday. Hopefully will get some great pics - Bondi Junction really isn't a great place for the premier due to the general design of the place. It would have been much better at George Street or The Entertainment Quarter.
    Disney Aust & NZ have been running competitions to win tickets to the screening over the last week - if you "like" their FB page then you can keep up to date with all the info. Also worth following Jason Segel on Twitter for info - just a thought.
    So excited that this movie is happening - and long overdue.
    Hope to see some of you next week!
  16. No1MuppetFan

No1MuppetFan Member

Welcome (back) to the forum :)
    Great to see there are more than a few Australian Muppet fanatics out there which influenced career decision. I studied acting in W.A for three years and I honestly believe that my creative interest in the arts sprouts from my obsession with The Muppets.

I wonder, what was the puppet television show you got produced? Was it shown here?

Also, I was lucky enough to see an early preview screening of "The Muppets" in Melbourne the other night which was AWESOME. And even MORE AWESOME than that, I received an invitation to the Australian Green Carpet premiere in Sydney. I am so happy I could explode!!!:crazy: I may see you from the carpet. I'll be wearing the 'Muppetational Mosaic' and the Kermit Adidas Superstar sneakers!
  17. muppetperson

WOW, how did you get your invitation? Do you have provision to bring others along, in which case, can I pay you for a seat?
  18. patchlion

patchlion New Member

Jason Segel tweeted this afternoon - he and Kermit have arrived to a very wet Sydney today. I guess the pair will be doing radio, TV and website interviews over the next few days.
  19. muppetperson

Thanks for the info.I guess it is good frog weather to make Kermit feel at home.
  20. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

i hope people will post links!