Muppet Movie Green Carpet Premiere - Sydney Australia

satay chicken

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've found a few news articles that have said Kermit and Jason Segel will be at the Australian premiere of the Muppet Movie on December 21st 2011 in Sydney. But that's all the information I can find :grr:

I'd really like to attend the premiere (even if it's just to stand on the green carpet and wave at Kermit). Have an Aussies heard more info than that? Or know of where to find more info? I went to the Australian Disney site, but they had no contact details that I could see :rolleyes:

kamere

Reaction score
Hi there,

Yes, I am also looking for this info...can't find nothing yet. Would think it would be at George Street, or maybe Fox Studios. If I don't know by the week before, I'm just going to call around places to see if I can find what's the deal.

Good luck!

satay chicken

Reaction score
Would think it would be at George Street, or maybe Fox Studios. If I don't know by the week before, I'm just going to call around places to see if I can find what's the deal.
I thought the same thing too. It's strange that there's been zero promotion for this premiere. Turns out that I might not be able to make it down to Sydney now, as that week is a pretty big work week for me. Time will tell :wink: Good luck to you too!

It only says January 12.
www.disneymovies.com.au
It's released officially here on January 12th, but the premiere is December 21st.

muppetperson

Reaction score
It's released officially here on January 12th, but the premiere is December 21st.[/quote]

Yes, I have since seen a couple of internet releases from Sky News and Bigpond, which are vertually identical, so it must be from a Disney Press Release.I am hoping to fly down, if I can find out where it is and if the Public can go.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Found out it is invitation only.:cry: But the public can gather out side and watch Kermit and Jason go in.It is at Westfield, Bondi Junction and they will be there from 5 pm.

beaker

Reaction score
My dream is to go to Australia(and New Zealand) some day.

Fact: Australian girls are quite attractive:3

kamere

Reaction score
Found out it is invitation only.:cry: But the public can gather out side and watch Kermit and Jason go in.It is at Westfield, Bondi Junction and they will be there from 5 pm.
oh wow- bondi, huh! thanks for that. how did you find that out? figured it would be invite only, but my Muppet Whatnot nad I will be there to have a look.

satay chicken

Reaction score
Good sleuthing! How did you find out? I have a contact at Disney and all they could tell me was that it would be invite only for industry reps with a few tickets going to the public through competitions (probably through the Sydney Morning Herald, etc).

The info I'm really wanting to know is if Kermit/Steve will be stopping to talk to people/take photos on the green carpet. It would be a dream come true to meet him! :smile:

Wockawocka721

Reaction score
I would gather...even if I was hundreds of feet away! The atmosphere for a premiere has to be incredible!!!