1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppet Movie Marathon Saturday 11/27 on The Hub

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

This Thanksgiving weekend don’t miss eight hours of Muppet movie madness as four Muppet movies air on The Hub (formerly known as Discovery Kids). This Saturday beginning at 11 am eastern you’ll be able to watch The Muppets Take Manhattan, Muppet Treasure Island, Muppets From Space and The Muppet Christmas Carol.

Learn more about The Hub at:
    http://www.hubworld.com/

2. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Active Member

When was the last time they aired a Muppet marathon on TV?

3. Phillip

Odyssey aired several hours of Muppet Show episodes back-to-back about ten years ago. This may be the biggest block of Muppet movies to ever air one after another.

4. MuppetLabsBoy

MuppetLabsBoy Member

Well its about time!:excited:

5. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

Can't Wait!:)

6. BIGMuppetFan

BIGMuppetFan Member

This is great news I will try to tune in and watch! :)

7. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

Thanks for the info!

8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Nice Due to already airing Fraggle Rock, original Transformers and 80's sitcoms; I had heard a lot of good things about this channel. It's very exciting. My family tradition already for Thanksgiving(and Christmas) has been Muppet movie/specials marathons so this is perfect. One can only imagine(especially with the huge buzz over The Hub) how many new people will be exposed to these wonderful films.

9. BIGMuppetFan

BIGMuppetFan Member

I was thinking, During this marathon maybe there might be little Bumpers like in between commercial breaks and such of Muppets saying things like 'Your Watching, Muppets Take Manhattan, only on the Hub" or them just acting goofy.

Maybe there might even be commercials like "Remember your friendships" shows Muppets all together "Remember your first Kiss" shows Kermit and Miss Piggy kissing

I am just thinking about the Channel and what I seen on that channel already so I was just speculating Nothing here is official just what I thought might happen

BTW Do you think this Channel could air "Muppet Family Christmas"? They are airing Fraggle Rock and Movie Marathons and other rare TV Shows,

I can see them airing it during one of HUB's Friday Movie/Special night

But if not my Family's tape from when it first aired will be just fine!

10. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

This does seem like the longest Muppet marathon i've heard of a tv station airing (US anyway, i'd be interested to hear about marathons elsewhere... (actually i think i'll start a seperate thread)

Since i didn't ever get Odyssey, does anyone happen to know what TMS episodes they aired when they did that marathon?

11. Phillip

It was a 3-4 hour "Best of The Muppet Show" marathon with episodes like Star Wars, John Denver, Elton John, Julie Andrews, etc. I believe it aired on a Sunday afternoon.

12. Phillip

Just a reminder that the 8-hour Muppet Movie Marathon will begin soon on the Hub. Post here and let us know what you think of seeing four films back-to-back.

13. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Active Member

I watched TMTM tonight and they cut out the gang bowing down after Together Again, Rat Scat and Piggy at the beauty shop with Joan Rivers. It was a treat hearing Jim's voice on TV again.

14. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I watched a little of the Muppet Treasure Island and they cut out some stuff too. Not anything crucial, it was more just the funny little bits that are fun to watch. I want to say they did it because they were on a time budget.