"Muppet, Music & Magic" Events

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
Will the "Muppets 101" program be at the Huntington Cinnema Arts centre. It should be. These exibits usually are the same in every plasce they go. Cool

MelissaY1

Reaction score
This means that when its in the Huntington Cinnema Arts centre the Muppets will be there. great
Not neccessarily, R. Again, I was at two different events at the Museum of TV and Radio aka The Paley Center and one event had Muppeteers with no puppets, and one did.

muppet baby

Reaction score
if i lived closer and had more money i sure would be a member and geting advance tickets he he he :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Dave and Gonzo!

Yep, Gonzo made a brief appearance with Dave (who was there the whole time and sat right in front of me!) thursday evening at San Francisco Yerba Buena's Jim Henson Legacy event, Muppets 101.

Don't have much time so here's the skinny. 7:30-10:00 (and they mean 10:00 on the dot) in the cozy and intimate screening room. :concern:

About 6 clip segments (introduced by master Muppeteer Dave Goelz) spanning from Sam and Friends (take note at the pork-flavored bacon ad from Eskay) through Ed Sullivan. the Sesame pitch reel, classic Muppet pilot clips and ending with the Muppet Show bumpers and sketches. Yes, much of the footage has been seen by uber-fans, but is great to see again with intros and insights by Mr. Goelz. And there are a few clips I had never seen.

At the end of the program, Dave takes questions and then Dave and Gonzo take questions. Word of warning - steer clear from the nose. He he he. The blue dude is very self-conscious about the nose. I wanted to know the particular color, however it appears that Palisades (from Black Tux Gonzo - the version in which I helped a bit - and on) got it fairly close.

Dave confirmed a movie script for the Muppets, educational televised interstitials to introduce younger fans to the Muppets and soon to come Muppet webisodes. Not much detail was given. He did mention (answering Ian, my partner's, question) the first few years at Disney was difficult, but is excited with the great experiment with now being inside and part of the actual Disney studios.

Gonzo is much tinier in person, but oh so attractive. It's weird (and a privalege) to have the fella look right at you. Now that I have met Gonzo, I am the happiest frogboy in the world! Oh, and my EM Kohl's shirt came. Small is a bit bigger than expected, but it's sooooo cool! :cool:

WARNING: This event was sold-out last night. Do not expect to get tickets at the door! Pre-order if possible.

www.YBCA.org / 415-978-ARTS :smile:

muppet baby

Reaction score
Yep, Gonzo made a brief appearance with Dave (who was there the whole time and sat right in front of me!) thursday evening at San Francisco Yerba Buena's Jim Henson Legacy event, Muppets 101.

Don't have much time so here's the skinny. 7:30-10:00 (and they mean 10:00 on the dot) in the cozy and intimate screening room. :concern:

About 6 clip segments (introduced by master Muppeteer Dave Goelz) spanning from Sam and Friends (take note at the pork-flavored bacon ad from Eskay) through Ed Sullivan. the Sesame pitch reel, classic Muppet pilot clips and ending with the Muppet Show bumpers and sketches. Yes, much of the footage has been seen by uber-fans, but is great to see again with intros and insights by Mr. Goelz. And there are a few clips I had never seen.

At the end of the program, Dave takes questions and then Dave and Gonzo take questions. Word of warning - steer clear from the nose. He he he. The blue dude is very self-conscious about the nose. I wanted to know the particular color, however it appears that Palisades (from Black Tux Gonzo - the version in which I helped a bit - and on) got it fairly close.

Dave confirmed a movie script for the Muppets, educational televised interstitials to introduce younger fans to the Muppets and soon to come Muppet webisodes. Not much detail was given. He did mention (answering Ian, my partner's, question) the first few years at Disney was difficult, but is excited with the great experiment with now being inside and part of the actual Disney studios.

Gonzo is much tinier in person, but oh so attractive. It's weird (and a privalege) to have the fella look right at you. Now that I have met Gonzo, I am the happiest frogboy in the world! Oh, and my EM Kohl's shirt came. Small is a bit bigger than expected, but it's sooooo cool! :cool:

WARNING: This event was sold-out last night. Do not expect to get tickets at the door! Pre-order if possible.

www.YBCA.org / 415-978-ARTS :smile:

Oh my lord that sounds like a wonderful event i wish i had the money to fly out and go and if i had the money i would have looked into this sooner , oh well i am going to pre order this so much i will do that . i guess that i will be seeing the webvideos , i am sure that they will be good . yes the younger generation needs to be introduced to the muppets they are the best entertament in the world .

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
frogboy4 do you have a photo of :concern:. It would be great to see him.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My (very lovely) partner Ian took some photos of Dave and Gonzo. He also recorded a very brief Mpeg (a few seconds long) of Gonzo explaining why he can't travel through Petaluma, California. It was dark, but the photos came out okay. I'll see about uploading a couple. :concern:

My life is now complete. Even Gonzo finds me a bit strange. He he!:confused: :cool:

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
Thank you frogboy4. That would be great. I will return the favor after i go to Muppets Music and Magic in August.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Do you think Dave Goelz will possibly travel out to be at the Huntington one? Or any other Muppeteer?

Like, have they solidified any guests, or does everyone have to wait until July 1st before they reveal it?