Muppet Musicians of Bremen "uncut"?

Kasey Kockroach

Reaction score
I've always seen people asking for unedited copies of this special, but what I've never been able to find out is, what exactly was edited (on the VHS release, I can only presume)? I can't find any info on Muppet Wiki about any edits.
Any chance anyone can shed any light on this?

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I didn't even know it was edited... I know The Frog Prince was edited for its TV rerun and VHS re-release in the 90s. I'd like to get my hands on one of the original 80s VHS releases...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There is an alteration I know of, though I don't know if it was originally broadcast that way or not. But when it was broadcast on Nickelodeon, there's a "Tales from Muppetland" title card and a voice-over saying "Tales from Muppetland presents The Muppet Musicians of Bremen". This is not on the VHS release, and all versions I've seen on YouTube (I've seen at least two copies online) don't have it either.

I could be wrong but I think the Nickelodeon broadcasts also edited a bit of the beginning to Catgut's flashback. I feel like my memories of watching it on Nick had a quick cut from Catgut telling the gang she got thrown out for making friends with rats to a close-up of the rats being ready to sneak past Catgut for food, but after watching it online recently saw that the flashback had some opening narration from Catgut and some panning shots of the inside of the house.

I've also seen The Frog Prince on YouTube without the "Tales from Muppetland" title card which was on the Nickelodeon broadcasts. I know that for some reason the Jim Henson Video release has "The Frog Prince" title credit shown a little differently. I wonder if Hey Cinderella was ever broadcast/released with the "Tales from Muppetland" title. I've never seen it on that special, but there is promotional material from 1970 that refers to it as "Tales from Muppetland". If "Tales from Muppetland" doesn't appear in any video releases of the special, then it is ironic that those specials were released on a couple of "Tales from Muppetland" laserdiscs.