Muppet Names

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Okay - as Muppet fanatic I find it strange to see names of top characters constantly misspelled. I have been guilty of misspelling Louis Kazagger and other such minor Muppets and that is to be expected, but I always seem to see Rowlf and Fozzie spelled in strange ways - sometimes by the oldest of members. My question is - What's up with that?

It's not Fozy, it's not Rolfe and Manhattan doesn't have an E in it. All things I feel a Muppet fan should know. The Manhattan thing - any American should really know these days seeing that the city has been the center of the news for the last year and is the major metropolis of the United States - and one of the major cities of the world.

Rant over. Sorry for venting - just an observation. I know I'm not the best speller and I tend to speak in fragments, but the main Muppet character names are kind of sacred to me I guess.:smile:

Salmoto

Reaction score
It's not as bad as if you were to visit an Anime message board.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I will now turn this tread into an online confesional by saying I have at times forgoten the proper way to spell Kermit's name. I keep getting the 'i' and the 'e' mixed up.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
LOL! Guess you're right. It's just weird to me that the most popular of characters have their names misspelled. Funny enough - the company making the Muppet race car minis label the Fozzie car as "Fozy". :eek:

gorry

Reaction score
the only names i misspell are the ones i a)never heard of or b)they're names are so very,very long.

radionate

Reaction score
I promise never to mispell Fonzie the Bear again!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess we all make mistakes now and then...
your pal,
Dr. Footh

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Listen to this (or read it, anyway):

I'm wearing my Muppetfest T-shirt (with Animal on it) and I was just riding my bike when a kid asked me why I was wearing an ELMO shirt! Boy, was he sorry he asked...:smile:
--"Scary" Larry Wolf

Aerosmith

Reaction score
On ebay the sellers call Fozzie Rowlf and vice versa.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Some funny responses! I also find it frustrating when people call Scooter - Skeeter, but I can understand that sort of confusion.

BTW - you'd think that people would recognize Elmo by now! Very funny! :smile: