muppet NES Chaos at the carnival

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
So I decided to go a little retro and I purchased one of the old 8 bit Nintendo systems yesterday. Wow! Did that bring back a lot of memories. Anyway, I purchased the Muppet Chaos at the carnival game. It was actually what clinched it for me that I was going to buy the system. I have to say it is one of the better concepts for a muppet game that I have seen. The only things that bring the game down is the levels get long and tedious. And the glitches in the game are pretty irritating. When you lose a life and come back, sometimes you'll be spinning out of control and lose half your life before you ever start. This is horrible in Animal and Gonzo's level. In Kermits level its very easy to get stuck and lose your whole life and have to try again. Has anyone else ever played this game and have any thoughts on it?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh yes, does it ever. I remember when I had better sight and would play that game. The thing is that we'd play in Gonzo's level for ages until the point when Camilla drops out from the sky and catch her to build up our extra life totals, and then quickly exit the level. The thing that annoyed me a little was the shifting ice cream sundae in Fozzie's level, but just due to frustration. Could win that level easily anyway. The true downpoint for me in the game was in the final level when Kermit had to go through the castle. My problem was that Kermit looked so fat in the animation and could hardly move up the stairs at the beginning or dodge the mudball thrown his way. Never even got to play through the final level. So, what happens in that level? How does the game end?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Fozzie's level sucked so hard. I beat the game but I don't remember how it played out. It was nice to play a mobile Kermit though. I'd teally like a Muppet GTA style game where you choose your character and go where ever and do whatever, man that would be so darn cool.

Anyhoo' back to Chaos at the Carnival, what was Animal's level?
Kermit had the raft ride, Gonzo had the space ship, and Fozzie had that God awful maze, what were the other levels?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The levels in the game were five...

Fozzie in the Fun House's maze, which was my fave cause I could always do that one great when I was still playing these games.
Kermit had the river raft, where you had to get the toy boat for an extra life.
Gonzo had the Space Coaster ride, where if you got Camilla when she drops out of the sky you'd get an extra life.
And Animal had the Bumber Car racetrack, that one was the most fun of all.
All levels ended when you finished the ride or collected the key that'd open up the fifth and final level... The Castle where you had to fight the Grump-a-saurus and rescue Miss Piggy.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
I've only played it a few times so far so I haven't beat it yet. I made it to the last level but lost all 10 lifes just on one jump. :mad: I like Gonzo's level and Kermits level the best. Fozzies level seemed to drag out too much to me. What exactly does the feather do in the last level? I haven't figured that out yet?