Muppet Pairings: Your Favorite Duo

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There's Statler & Waldorf, Bunsen & Beaker, Kermit & Piggy, Kermit & Fozzie, Gonzo & Rizzo, Johnny & Sal, Seymour & Pepe, Rowlf & Fozzie, Floyd & Janice, Sweetums & Robin, Gonzo & Camilla and many other combinations.

The recent Fozzie and Kermit interviews have made me think about this more lately. I'm having trouble deciding, but right now I'll go with Fozzie and Kermit because it's good to see the frog with his best bear. :smile: :embarrassed:

What is your favorite pairing and why?

pattywack

Reaction score
GREAT idea of a thread! I'm a big fan of friendships with the muppets.

I've recently fallen in love with Rizzo and Gonzo's friendship, it was so sad when Gonzo was about to leave in MFS and they had to say goodbye :frown:

I also love Fozzie&Kermit, and of course Fozzie&Rowlf are so cool, and I miss their friendship! Argh!

Oh god I love them all really, Statler and Waldorf are hilarious and of course Bunsen and Beaker are as well, not to mention cute!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I have always loved and adored the chemestry between Gonzo and Camilla. Camilla hung on his every word and just loved him completly, and he really did love her.

Piggy and Kermit's dynamic has been through so much and there's been so much of it, that it's hard to pick a part when they worked best together. GMC?

Fozzie and Kermit have always been SUCH a great pairing, but I also loved Fozzie and Rowlf together in MTM when they hugged goodbye.

Scooter and Piggy made a great teaming.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Kermit and Fozzie are a RIOT when you get them together, so they are probably my top favorite.

I also think Gonzo and Rizzo make a great team, but at least in the case of Muppet Babies, Gonzo and Piggy also steal the show.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Rowlf and Fozzie are a lot of fun together. And I really love Johnny and Sal. I think they're a major highlight for me in more recent Muppet productions.

One duo that gets over-looked often mainly because it really only happened during The Muppet Show is the pairing of Miss Piggy and Rowlf. I think they're actually one of my favorite duos. They are so funny together!

I think pretty much all of the duos are masterfully paired off, though.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
I'll say Kermit and Fozzie too. Anytime you pair (in the old days) Jim and Frank, it's magic. I feel the Kermit/Fozzie dynamic was to TMS what Ernie and Bert were to Sesame Street.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Not to sound cliche, but I don't think anything will ever beat Statler and Waldorf for me. Two old men constantly on the same page. Almost beautiful, isn't it? Hahaha. :sleep: :boo:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Beauregard and Beaker are one of my favorite overlooked teams. Neither characters are the brightest bulb in the box, so when they work together, chaos follows.

As much as I think Gonzo and Rizzo work well together and make a great pair, Gonzo & Camilla haven't been seen much together lately. Has Gonzo left Camilla? Has he grown out of his infatuation with chickens? I hope not.

Statler and Waldorf are always hilarious. You really have to love these two, no matter how much they heckle the Muppets.

My list doesn't stop there... There are so many great, classic Muppet pairs. The great thing about the Muppets is that, generally, they all get along pretty well (for the most part) and that makes for many different teams.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well pretty much all the pairs are great because of the working realationships of the Muppeteers themselves. But if I must choose than I'd probably go with Rowlf the Dog and Fozzie Bear, just think it's a neat combo, but of course you godda love Kermit and Fozzie