1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet parody puppets on Crank Yankers

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by MIKEB97, Nov 16, 2002.

1. MIKEB97

MIKEB97 New Member

Hey Guys,

There were replicas of Big Bird, Miss Piggy, and Kermit the Frog in Crank Yankers. Miss Piggy and Kermit were making love and Big Bird was hacking a cigarette outside a building named 321. Has anyone else seen this?
  2. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

...I saw the Kermit and Piggy

Zack) Rowlf the, that's dirty...Dog.
  3. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

I saw it to. God, that pig was ugly.
  4. MrsKalabash

MrsKalabash New Member

What do you expect? All the Crank Yankers puppets are ugly. Poorly made, muppet rip-offs. IMO, if you're going to make fun of something, do it with skill. I remember the Conan O'Brien "Muppets Faces of Death" bit. Whoever made the drowned Piggy - now that took SKILL. I know how weird this sounds, but the replica looked pretty good, at least the face did. The Kermit looked like himself as well - at least until he hit the pavement. :D
  5. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

well whenever i hit pavement, i don't look nice!

Sarah
  6. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

Also, the simpsons had PBS chasing Homer, and they had Big Bird, Elmo, & Oscar, (but Big Bird Could fly. & Elmo was in the Garbage with BLUE Oscar):zany:
  7. Muppets1985

Muppets1985 Member

Last night on VH1 or one of them dar music channels lastnight had a show called well...I don't remember the name of the show but it waz somthing like "Music that sucks" or somthing like that, but any wayz They were pickin on "J-lo" on like how many biy friends shes gone throught or somthing and they had Big Bird and Grover on there but they wern't puppets they were like cartoon cut outs and the guy in back of Big Bird shot him! :( :grouchy: i waz sooo mad:mad: then after words i poped in "Fallow that Bird" and that made me feel better!:)
  8. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

sadly, yes
  9. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

That show you're talking about probably was "Behind the Music That Sucks" on MuchMusic USA, my favorite channel tied with MTV2 (sitting through the BTMTS promos is torture, I wish they'd cancel the show).

As for the Crank Yankers puppets, I happen to think they're really well-done. Sure, the pig was ugly, but that's all I notice.
  10. trekkie1701E

trekkie1701E New Member

The Simpsons made Oscar look alright, but Elmo looked downright mean!

Mister Rogers: "It's a beautiful day to kick your a$$!" LOL
  11. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

well elmo kinda scares me...so i would probably laugh really hard at a mean elmo

Sarah
  12. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

"Elmo knows where you live!"

Just let the Simpsons, or whoever, have fun. They can pick on the Muppets if they like! They're Muppet fans anyway! Most people who pick on Muppets (though not all) are Muppet fans. Someone once told me "We only pick on you because we like you."

And, the Crank Yankers puppets DO look pretty good. They don't look cheaply made, in my eyes. I don't really like the show, but, even I have to admit this.
  13. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

i'm having nightmares tonight!!!!

Sarah
  14. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Just wait till Matt gets my picture up. :o
  15. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

There were replicas of Big Bird, Miss Piggy, and Kermit the Frog in Crank Yankers. Miss Piggy and Kermit were making love and Big Bird was hacking a cigarette outside a building named 321. Has anyone else seen this?--------------------
    I've seen the Big Bird one last night! eek! He looked evil! It scared the dash dash dash dash outta me!
  16. Squigiman

Squigiman Active Member

Hey gang,
    First off, I think this thread is mistitled. These are not replicas, as such things are replicating the originals, not just imitating them. I got all excited about someone possibly owning one, or hearing news of Disney letting them get made or something. Anyways, as far as the Crank Yankers are concerned, I saw it, one day, with the 123 building, and realized it was a shot at Sesame, but then they had Kermit and Piggy. Besides not making sense, what occured would certainly not be considered "making love" by any stretch of the imagination. Either way, it was a really base-level obvious joke that any ten year-old could have come up with, not funny, and just being crude for the sake of crudity. The Simpsons' use, however, was funny and clever, and I think it does depend on how the joke is handled, for it to be rightly accepted by fans. Sure you can just act like everyone just needs to "take a joke", but seriously, jokes tend to be funny. Whether the Crank Yankers people like the Muppets or not does not justify such blatant, immature use of the characters' likenesses, especially when their show would never existed without Jim Henson, in that they entirely copy that puppeteering style. Sorry to rant, but just thought I'd speak my opinion. Thanks for listening.

-Squigiman
  17. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

I already posted this over in the puppetry forum, but speaking of Muppet parodies/replicas ~ http://www.bear-town.com/backstage_pages/video_berniechess.htm (the video on the page may take a few minutes to load if you have a slow connection).

This is an old clip from something I was involved with back around `98.
  18. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

With the new Henson-Disney deal you think this might happen (a little bit)
    less? Then again, they make fun of Disney too... :sympathy:
  19. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

In the Simpson episode, Big Bird was potrayed as danger Raptor like animal that could fly. Oscar: "Give Us The Money". Elmo: "Elmo knows where you live!". I love that line. Mmmph Line.
  20. Show and Tell

Show and Tell Member

Hey that pig would really look like Peter Mansbridge if you were to get him suit coat and a few tufts of hair just over the ears. Post a pic or 2 of him when your done Buck. Pleeeeease