1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Peter Pan

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by GRandolph, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Amy

Amy Member

Release Update, peoples!

Okay, so someone mentioned in the other comic thread that they thought Pan would be released in Sep AFTER Robin Hood was complete.

As it turns out, this is absolutely correct.
    Initially Pan was scheduled for release end of August, but because Robin Hood was delayed by a month, Boom! naturally want to wait until Robin Hood #4 is out and done before beginning Pan.
    So mid-September is now Pan #1's release date, I totally apologise for any confusion :p
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That's alright. I had a feeling that it would be off a month. Does that mean the Robin Hood collection is also being delayed, or will it be released the same time?
  3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I never thought Peter Pan would be released until after Muppet Robin Hood. But then again, I also thought that Muppet Robin Hood was supposed to come after the first four issues of The Muppet Show Comic Book.
  4. Drtooth

You'd have to realize that there'd be 3 Muppet comics in a month. Now, while that doesn't sound bad, it would be a confusing pain in the neck to comic book shop owners. While these comics are successful enough (I rarely see back issues still on the shelves), they aren't exactly Superman, batman, or anything else like that that has a bigger name and push behind it to warrant high multiples of a similar titles a month.
  5. Amy

Amy Member

Indeed. While it's very awesome that Boom! have licenses for all Pixar movies as well as the Muppets, you have to be careful not to flood your own market.
    This is a good thing, having one Muppet adaptation at a time.
  6. GRandolph

GRandolph New Member

Hello! :) Yes, you did ask that question about The Great Muppet Movie Ride, and here was my answer:

7. David Petersen

David Petersen New Member

8. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Oh my GOSH. That is GORGEOUS, David! Pepe is stunning! The best I've ever seen him drawn. Fozzie is wonderful--everything right down to his eyelids are perfect. I love the usage of his polka dot tie. Animal is also amazing--so are Rowlf and Kermit. Just... AWESOME. :D
  9. Drtooth

To quote Rowdy Roddy Piper on an episode of Super Mario Brothers Super show:

"You guys is GREAT! You know dat?" :D
  10. GRandolph

GRandolph New Member

So since we've got a short delay for Muppet Peter Pan, as it's now coming out mid-September, here's an interview I did at San Diego Comic Con re Muppet Peter Pan to help fill the time while you wait! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2RpVkXX72c
  11. theprawncracker

Excellent interview! I'm thrilled beyond belief for Peter Pan. Can't wait for next month!
  12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Great interview and cool site. :cool:
  13. theprawncracker

The covers for issue 4 were just revealed on The Muppet Newsflash's TwitPig page:
    http://twitpic.com/g7lvz
    http://twitpic.com/g7lv3

They're both INCREDIBLE. And this pretty much confirms that Rizzo is Mr. Smee. Perfect casting and gorgeous covers. I am SO excited for this comic!
  14. Amy

Amy Member

Oh, the covers for 4 are up now?

Cool, I'll post mine to dA later today.
    I NEVER know when these things get released, so thanks for the heads-up ;)

I was totally expecting my editor to reject my cover idea as being too sad, but they said DO IT! Rip their hearts out, whoooooo!
  15. theprawncracker

*laughs* Anytime I can give you the heads-up, I'll be glad to. :p

I'm SO glad they let you go with that cover. The Muppets aren't all about the silly--I'm glad they get to showcase their heart too. The cover is gorgeous. I love Kermit's legs and Piggy's limp leg... *sniff* It's so beautiful and sad. PERFECT.
  16. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Hearts are being shredded as you speak! I am a massive fan of Peter Pan (probably due to a lingering desire not to grow-up :p) and that moment of selfishness followed by self-sacrifice by Tinkerbell is the defining moment of the books in my opinion. (Well, about as defining as the Peter Pan/Wendy thimble moment :p)

And also, it is great to see Kermit (Peter?) caring so completely about Miss Piggy -- after years of his somewhat shunning her in interviews and such.
  17. Amy

Amy Member

Piggy throws herself at Kermit to this day and he just deals with it as best he can. I think if he actually responded to Piggy's advances his very LIFE would be in danger from her enthusiastic joy and pig-passion. So it could very well be that Kermit's just thinking of his own longevity when he sidesteps Piggy. :D

Despite all that, I always believed Kermit DOES care for Piggy very much. They're like an old married couple by now.

But yes, I'm very much up with keeping the heart in the Muppets as well. Just another reason why I love Roger's scripts so much. They all end on a very sweet caring moment.

All together!
    "If just one person belieeeeves in yoooou..."
  18. Drtooth

Nuts... now I'm gonna have to start clapping to get Piggerbelle back to life, and I might damage the comic. :shifty:
  19. David Petersen

David Petersen New Member

20. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Also a keeper! I love the classic look of Hook -- Moustached, and caped with the long red coat...(Aptly mixed with a classic look Gonzo with hooked nose and straight bits...if that description makes any sense at all :p)

Janice as Wendy here looks like the Wendy we all know and love, sitting up straight and tall as she's rowed away to her doom. I'm interested to know whether we will see her with her eyes open...