Muppet Phish Band Pins

muppetperson

Reaction score
I bought a set of Muppet pins doing a parody of the Phish Band. I haven't heard of these before and couldn't find any information on the pins. Since buying these, the seller hasn't responded if these are official Disney product or marked that they have shipped. Does anybody know if these are official, or know anything about these? Have I been phished?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Having a closer look, I now know what the "30" means on each pin, so if these are official, they would of been released in 2013, for the 30th Anniversary of the Phish band.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
I don't know anything about the pins, but those are totally AWESOME!!! Great score. :big_grin:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
As a former Disney pin collector of sorts myself, I hate to say it, but I'm VERY sure those are not official Disney pins, in fact I can guarantee they are bootlegs. For one thing do they have those Mickey ears pin backs? Plus I don't see Disney agreeing to let their characters being used to sell pins for a band like Phish. And honestly it saying something that 100 of them were made, most likely on the back, doesn't mean anything, a bootlegger can put that on there, no problem, in order to make them seem more limited. Believe it or not, I actually own a couple bootleg (ie fake) pins of Jessica Rabbit that are DEFINITELY not made by Disney. One reason being, quite honestly, they're WAY too risqué. On the back of that pin, it says something like "limited edition of 750" or something like that, don't quite remember, I don't have it on me.

Plus not only was I a Disney pin collector, but I'm also something of an artist and have an eye for detail and in all honesty, and please forgive for saying this, but they are not very well made pins. Real Disney pins are, usually, much better looking. Based on that photo the characters are HORRIBLY designed. Fozzie looks misshapen, Kermit's legs aren't right, neither is his table and Animal...well I hate to say it, but it looks like his arms were cut off AND his leg is broken. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong here, but IS ANIMAL SMOKING SOMETHING THERE????

Don't get me wrong, if you're happy with your purchase, tha great. But yeah...those are DEFINITELY not an official Disney product.

Last edited:

muppetperson

Reaction score
As a former Disney pin collector of sorts myself, I hate to say it, but I'm VERY sure those are not official Disney pins, in fact I can guarantee they are bootlegs. For one thing do they have those Mickey ears pin backs? Plus I don't see Disney agreeing to let their characters being used to sell pins for a band like Phish. And honestly it saying something that 100 of them were made, most likely on the back, doesn't mean anything, a bootlegger can put that on there, no problem, in order to make them seem more limited. Believe it or not, I actually own a couple bootleg (ie fake) pins of Jessica Rabbit that are DEFINITELY not made by Disney. One reason being, quite honestly, they're WAY too risqué. On the back of that pin, it says something like "limited edition of 750" or something like that, don't quite remember, I don't have it on me.

Plus not only was I a Disney pin collector, but I'm also something of an artist and have an eye for detail and in all honesty, and please forgive for saying this, but they are not very well made pins. Real Disney pins are, usually, much better looking. Based on that photo the characters are HORRIBLY designed. Fozzie looks misshapen, Kermit's legs aren't right, neither is his table and Animal...well I hate to say it, but it looks like his arms were cut off AND his leg is broken. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong here, but IS ANIMAL SMOKING SOMETHING THERE????

Don't get me wrong, if you're happy with your purchase, tha great. But yeah...those are DEFINITELY not an official Disney product.
Egad, you're right.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
There are few other things I could of mention also to be honest. Fozzie's piano looks like it was drawn by a fifth grader and Beaker's nose is the wrong color. Overall Beaker is probably the best looking out of all these. Also why is Gonzo lower body a hot dog? Maybe that's a reference to a Phish song? I don't know I can't say I follow that band.

Like I said if you're happy with your purchase that's all well and good, but I was just answering your question on if anyone knew anything about these?

And to be fair NOT ALL official license Disney pins look great. Most are well designed, but there are a few that miss the mark. Like this "Rolf" pin.

Not only is Rowlf's misspell, but the artist didn't do too get of a job drawing our beloved piano playing beer drinking dog. It looks like the artist though what was actually a highlight on his nose was actually a single nostril. And since why did Rowlf have a tongue? And remember this IS an official Disney pin. They did reissue it with the correct spelling of his name. But even though I don't really collect Disney pins that much anymore I would ALL OVER a nice looking Rowlf pin.