Muppet Productions Ranked

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I’ve submitted votes for everything I’ve seen, which brings up total submissions to 15, as I also got two more votes today after the thread bump.

Let’s see if we can reach 20 before the closing date!

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Reminder that this closes on Monday, so get in your votes during the weekend!

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Actually on second thought I've decided to close up shop today. Given that there have been 15 responses in total and I've got time tonight to compile the results, I figured I'd not prolong it unnecessarily and wrap things up. Countdown begins when I finish finding the averages!

Old Thunder

Reaction score
44. Studio DC: Almost Live
Average Score: 3.38/10
Television Specials 1/22

These two specials from Disney Channel come in dead last and begin our countdown for us. While votes were spread out, there were a huge number of voters who gave it a 5, thus securing its spot at the bottom.

Choice comments:
This whole "Studio DC" is almost worst than Muppet Wizard of Oz, an embarrassment that I hope never sees the light of day on dvd.
This was a phase of Disney I think we should just let completely pass.
Gonna be brutally honest here I could care less if this ever gets released.
I'm all for a third one!
Votes:
10 - 0
9 - 0
8 - 1
7 - 0
6 - 2
5 - 1
4 - 1
3 - 1
2 - 5
1 - 2

Overall:

Groupings:
Television Specials 1/22

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I'm gonna be completely honest that I just gave up on my voting due to the sheer length of the list and amount of things I haven't seen.
Understandable, though there were several people - including myself - who voted just for the things we'd seen.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
43. Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree
Average Score: 3.56/10
Television Specials 2/22

The entry with the least amount of votes received - total submissions were 15, this had only 9 voters - this also looked like it would come in last place for a while, but those five 2 votes for Studio DC ended up turning the tide and helping it survive for... one spot in our list. I doubt anyone's surprised about where it's ranked.

Choice comments:
Don't get me started on Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree (something I wish was still aired around Christmas)!
Have not seen it, but I did read the Tough Pigs review!
My brother and I watched it every year as a child. I need to dig it out from storage and rewatch it.
Mr Willowby's Christmas wins (or loses) for worst and most boring-robert downey jr+leslie nielsen+stockard channing? who thought that up? blech!
Boring in my opinion
I haven't seen a stranger christmas special in all my life.
I saw this show several years ago and absolutely loved it.
Votes:
10 - 0
9 - 0
8 - 0
7 - 0
6 - 2
5 - 1
4 - 0
3 - 2
2 - 0
1 - 3

Overall:
43. Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree

Groupings:
Television Specials 2/22

Old Thunder

Reaction score
42. Lady Gaga and the Muppets Holiday Spectacular
Average Score: 3.58/10
Television Specials 3/22

Just edging over Mr. Willowby, this special also had a lot of votes spread out, but it did get one 8 vote, which I think was the deciding factor that got it this far. Nonetheless, this three bottom items are so bad that #41 is actually a full 1.06 points higher. That's a gigantic figure when we're only basing this out of 10. Lordy.

Choice comments:
I am just...wow, totally sad and bummed by the mess this special was. I cannot believe I'm saying this—truly I can't—but I liked Gaga better impromptu in the Kermit-dress—it was at least unexpected and interesting.
That wasn't too bad. The musical numbers were fine; "Venus" seemed like something MT! would've done, until everyone but Mayhem left.
Amazing how bad this was.
THIS MADE NO SENSE AT ALL!
The Muppets were GREAT in the Gaga special!!! :smile:
This special was a lot better than I was hoping. So most of the non-Muppet portions weren't that good, and I feel like some of the songs (even Kermit and Lady Gaga's duet) were just too long. But this is not the worst special the Muppets have ever done.
Well, it was better than watching grainy, depressing footage of foreign wars.
I thought the special was great, personally.
This special was really... meh.
As a MUPPET special, yes, this would be bad. Terrible, even. But as a LADY GAGA special FEATURING the Muppets, well, I thought it was pretty good!
Huh... Maybe it's my visual impediment or maybe I'm more of an optimist Walter most of the times when it comes to Muppet productions/appearances, but I kind of liked this special.
Surprise surprise... everyone hated it. :rolleyes:
Votes:
10 - 0
9 - 0
8 - 1
7 - 0
6 - 1
5 - 1
4 - 4
3 - 1
2 - 1
1 - 3