Muppet Products

Zelda Rose

Reaction score
Crunchy Stars (still not right)

I would like to start off by saying that Phillip is my hero! :halo:
Phillip, thanks for sharing that link with me! Well, not only for sharing the link, but for e-mailing me with the info I needed.
When I saw the cereal box I had (another) high school flashback! I am a "band geek" eventhough I graduated a LONG time ago. I played piccolo and flute, so most of my memories are band memories.
During home games while we were in the bleachers, my best friend (played trombone, sat in the back) would have a box with him. During slow times in the action he would stand up, start a cheer or chant in the Sweedish Chef's voice, then start THROWING handfulls of cereal! :zany: It was GREAT! We LOVED it! the cheerleaders hated it.......but who cares. lol!

Ok, so you all now think that I'm a crazed geek....but I just had to share that memory! I've just LOVED reading everyone's posts! They are just great! I forgot who it was (sorry :embarrassed: ) but someone said that the Scooby Doo cereal tasted like the "stars". I'm going to have to get a box to try them. Thanks for the info! :smile:
I know it's only 8:45 PM, but we've got a BIG day tomorrow so I need to be going. I'll check in when I get home tomorrow evening. Until then everyone be safe and be good!

Zelda Rose

Reaction score
Forgot to ask something......

:embarrassed:
Big dumb me forgot to ask.........where would I go to find the value of a 25 to 30ish year old plush Kermit. He's in GREAT shape, about a foot tall w/ poseable arms and legs that have vlecro on the hands and feet. It's one of the first things I can remember with velcro. His fabric is......well, it's sticky so you can stick his hands and feet to anywhere on him. I bought a smaller version last year, that one sits up in my room, the "orignal" is put away.
How do I know whom to trust? Should I check E-Bay? How about the boards here?

Again, thanks for all then info!

G'nite :sleep:

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
jediX said:
I've drank 10-year-old Mountain Dew before, lol.

Anywho, hooray for plush! :smile:
LOL...10 year old Mountain Dew? I guess thats kind of right up there with Twinkies-they have shelf-lives that will probably outlive us. Hehehe!

And quite right, hooray for plush!!! Now I just have to be patient and wait for it to get here....*ho hum*

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
MeepMeep said:
:embarrassed:
Big dumb me forgot to ask.........where would I go to find the value of a 25 to 30ish year old plush Kermit. He's in GREAT shape, about a foot tall w/ poseable arms and legs that have vlecro on the hands and feet. It's one of the first things I can remember with velcro. His fabric is......well, it's sticky so you can stick his hands and feet to anywhere on him. I bought a smaller version last year, that one sits up in my room, the "orignal" is put away.
How do I know whom to trust? Should I check E-Bay? How about the boards here?

Again, thanks for all then info!

G'nite :sleep:
That sounds exactly like my first Kermit plush I got when I was little, and still have somewhere. I actually did recently see one on E-bay, too, but I can't remember how much they were asking-it usually varies there, depending on the seller, but you might want to start there just to get some ideas...

jediX

Reaction score
I'm not sure if some stuff has any set value. I've never seen a plush price guide, although I'm pretty sure one exists somewhere. My old Muppet plushes have more sentimental value to me than cash value, so I really couldn't guess an accurate price.

And I believe you are referring to the Fisher Price Kermit plush that's in my avatar, correct?

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
jediX said:
I'm not sure if some stuff has any set value. I've never seen a plush price guide, although I'm pretty sure one exists somewhere. My old Muppet plushes have more sentimental value to me than cash value, so I really couldn't guess an accurate price.

And I believe you are referring to the Fisher Price Kermit plush that's in my avatar, correct?
Yeah, that looks like the Kermit I have had for ages..sans the light saber, of course. I think the starting price of that same Kermit on Ebay was around $9.99 to open bidding-but I know I have seen others up for more than that, and some with the Buy It Now options, as well.

jediX

Reaction score
10 bucks? That's sad :frown: I have some incredible memories with that particular Kermit doll.

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
MeepMeep said:
Hi all!
I know that there are about a billion and two Muppet items out there....but does ANYONE else remember the cereal that came out in about 1989/1990 called (not spelled correctly) Krunchi Stars? It was "made by" The Sweedish Chef (don't know if it was General Mills or whomever) and it was actually REALLY good! I miss it! My friends and I ALWAYS ahd a box with us! In our lockers, we'd give it as Christmas and birthday gifts......I mean we had a Muppet cult! LOL! :zany:
Croonchy Stars were great!! Actually, I don't remember what the cereral tasted like, but I still have a box (sadly, not unopened like Phil's) somewhere in my parents' basement. I also have a newspaper article about it entitled "Muppet Magic Chasing Cereal Sales." My favorite part was the maze on the back which looked really complicated at a distance--but was really just a straight shot through it. That's some good Muppet humor.

jediX said:
10 bucks? That's sad I have some incredible memories with that particular Kermit doll.
Yeah, that is really sad. Those Fisher Price dolls are maybe my favorite Muppet items ever produced. I had all of them except Miss Piggy and Animal. My parents got me a replacement for my damaged Scooter at an antiques show a couple years ago. I think the price was in the $10-20 range.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Amazing Mumford,

I would be interested in seeing that article if you could possibly send me a hi-res scan of it.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
jediX said:
10 bucks? That's sad :frown: I have some incredible memories with that particular Kermit doll.
I agree, I thought it was a rather sad amount-it looked like the Kermit was in really good shape, too. I guess its like you'd said before-it depends how much sentimentalness is attached to the item, obviously the guy that put it Kermy on the block for $9.99 didn't care much. But I have seen other similar items going for much, much more, too, so there is still hope! :wink: