Muppet puppet shows in church

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hiya guys! Guess what!?!

I'm going to be possably doing volenteer muppet puppet shows for children at a local persbertaian chuch near my house. I'm not a presbertarain(sp) but this is very exctining!!!

it all started when I brought My full body Kermit the frog puppet to a resturant (AppleBee's) after one of the performances of the school musical guy and doll's i was in last April. A large gang of us went out to eat after the second performance at night.

I had Kermit dressed in a reporter hat, mic and red bow tie all made of colored consruction paper and tape that i put on my kermit puppet that also i rigged to have moving arms.

Kermit has shown up many times at school and field trips during the whole year;-) I love it!

well anyways a girl in my grade told her parents how funny kermit was at AppleBees inviewing people about the play, then walking around the resturant saying hi to people and even going up to the bar giving the bar tender a high five then asking for "a grasshopper please". oh and even talking to a few drunk people as well;-)

well back to the girl telling her parents, they got a hold of me and asked if i wanted to do puppet shows at their church! WOW! so i got in contact with another lady and i just went in for an interview today! I gotta use some christain themes in what i do so any help from you guys would be great! I'm not sure when i'll do something there but it looks like this fall and winter i will do a few shows!

for my interview i did a live puppet show with kermit and fozzie with a quick screen test skit from TMM DVD on how kermit tells fozzie he's not a real bear, they loved it!

the puppets i have are Kermit,Piggy,Fozzie and Rowlf, i hope in get some more, but i am trying to ave money for collage, and other muppet stuff on the way like the figs and DVD'S

Zack)Rowlf the, i gotta get a Gonzo Puppet at least!Dog.

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Sure. I'd be glad to help. I've been doing Christian themes my whole life. I don't know about Presbyterian stuff, so far as pet doctrines or how conservative or liberal they are so let me take you down a safe route.

One thing comes immediately to mind. Why don't you muppetize your favorite parable. Since they were stories Jesus told, you can retell them without fear of offending someone by using an animal to play a saint. You also do well to stay on the lighter side of God's Word when working with puppets. While the crucifixion is an important aspect of the Christian faith, it doesn't play well with Fozzie and Kermie. But you knew that... :wink:

While I still believe sacred cows make the best hamburgers, you're more likely to get invited back and to make friends if you play by their rules.

Again, you're in my area of expertise, so I'd love to help any way I can.

Markus

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Zack) Rowlf the - the-guy-who's-doing-Christian-puppet-shows - Dog,

If you go to a Christian book store, they usually carry puppet scripts. Or if you e-mail me with a request, I'll send you a couple scripts for free.

"They don't look like Presbyterians to me."

--"Scary" Larry Wolf