1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppet Puppets at FAO

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by brkndwnbus, Oct 3, 2011.

1. brkndwnbus

brkndwnbus Active Member

2. matleo

matleo Active Member

Photo for Fozzie was up when I looked at it. Fozzie doesn't look half bad (For a Fozzie product), but my god what happened to Beaker?

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Eh, he just looks a little squat. Maybe once someone puts their hand into one (and that really doesn't sound right no matter how you phrase it) it must look a whole lot better.

But the good news? Some Merchandise is starting to come out...

4. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I think Beaker and Fozzie look great! A tad small but then again these are toys for kids. I can't wait to see what Kermit and Animal look like, I'll have to pick these up at some point. :eek:

frogboy4 likes this.
  5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I take it these aren't the plush shown at Toy Fair 2009, which supposedly looked like the puppets and were on hold until the movie. I wonder how long until those get announced (assuming their release hasn't been canceled).

So far, these seem to be the most decent non-book tie-ins for the movie. I wonder if there'll be waves of more characters (it'd be awesome if they come out with Walter, Uncle Deadley, Bobo, and maybe the Moopets).

6. BobThePizzaBoy

Weren't those released late last year-very early this year? I remember we had a thread on those plushes.

7. Drtooth

Actually, it was the 2010 Toy Fair... and those dolls you're referring to are "Disney Magic" plush. I don't think those were the ones that were shown. In fact, the Disney Magic plush were made a couple years ago and were only released to certain discount retailers.

8. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Beaker's been in the snack cakes again. (Sorry, I had to do that.)

Anywho, I'm with Bob. They both look great. And I can't wait to see what Kermit and Animal look like, either.

frogboy4 likes this.
  9. Walter

Walter Active Member

Oh gosh, I hope so! I have alot of hope for that, I mean, look at ALL the Fraggle Rock GUND puppets... they pretty much got the whole cast!...well, of fraggles anyway.. If I ever see a Walter or Uncle Deadly puppet on the shelves.. I will feel like a kid in a candy shop...with an unlimited budget..and infinite stomach... with a black hole inside LOL.

10. BobThePizzaBoy

Those weren't made by Gund actually, they are from Manhattan Toys. But, yeah, I still hope for other characters from Gund!

11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

:o These are fantastic!!! :eek:

12. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Bunsen has him engaged in a holding-your-breath-til-your-face-turns-blue experiment.

13. junebug1972

junebug1972 Member

I am going to be in New York City on a photo shoot in a couple of weeks. I am going to make a point to go to FAO and see these first hand. I may even pick up a couple for my collection!

14. minor muppetz

The small assortment of characters sort of reminds me of a typical Palisades Toys series, only all the characters are "big guns".

As much as I'm hoping they eventually make Walter and Uncle Deadley, it won't surprise me if they eventually release Miss Piggy, Gonzo, and maybe Rowlf, Scooter, and Bunsen before either.

It sort of amazes me that there has been so much Beaker merchandise without Bunsen being included as well (though there has been a bit of Bunsen merchandise). I would think their popularity is equal. Beaker may be a more fun character, but I'd think it'd be better to have a Bunsen with Beaker (I remember when I first bougth the Bunsen action figure, the Muppet Labs playset wasn't out yet so I had to play with Bunsen without Beaker for a few weeks). Though they are a duo where it's not weird whenever only one appears without the other.

15. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

I like these puppets too. I was also gonna ask what happened to the unseen plush at toyfair? People who seen them said they looked great but no pics were allowed. I'd love to see rarer character plushes deadly, sweetums, Robin, dr teeth, and would love thog!
    I like the quality and look of the gund sesame street plush so I hope the muppets are just as nice. Fozzie looks similar to the steiff fozzie plush but at a fraction of the cost. Anyone know when the steiff is released?

16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'd say that if the first series is Kermit, Animal, Fozzie and Beaker that Gonzo and Miss Piggy wouldn't be far behind. Swedish Chef, Scooter, Rowlf and Walter seem likely too at this point.

17. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

While it's hard to think of Bunsen without Beaker, the same doesn't apply as much in reverse because Beaker has his life outside of Muppet Labs - as a stagehand, a wannabe singer/Leprecaun Brother and assorted random wackiness. Beaker can be used much more successfully without Bunsen more than say Statler or Waldorf would work alone.

frogboy4 likes this.
  18. Drtooth

That's still a mystery. They were withheld for the movie, but something tells me they didn't think it would take that long for the movie to reach the production stage. Still, what was the point of keeping them so top secret? I mean, they could very easily have been canceled like the Koosh toys anyway.

19. minor muppetz

I'll have to reread the Tough Pigs coverage of that Toy Fair, but I'm pretty sure that Disney didn't allow photos to be taken of any of the Muppet merchandise at that Toy Fair.

20. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

these look nice and hooray a fozzie looks great :D beaker is okay but maybe a bit to big in the face butthats minor really want to the the kermit and animal and plese let the animal be red this pink diease on animal toys must stop and hope they make gonzo piggy and walter in the future