Muppet questions you were afraid to ask...

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I consider myself a fairly avid fan, but I have to admit, I have some questions I'm a bit ashamed to ask, so I thought, let's start a thread where we can come to terms with our fears and lay it out on the table, so here we go, can you answer these character questions... without mocking me?

Thanks to MFS, we know Gonzo is an alien... but here are some Muppets I'm not sure what they are. What is Beauregard? He squints a lot, so I thought he was a mole.

Despite his name, I don't think Animal is an animal, is he from the monster family as is Grover, Dog-Lion, Herry, Sweetums, Cookie, Elmo, Frazzle, etc.?

Scooter, Dr. Teeth, Floyd Pepper, Janice, Zoot, Lips, Lew Zealand, Bunsen, Beaker, Crazy Harry... they're all "human" Muppets... right?

And finally, for now, aside from Kermit, I have never seen any species of frog that has a collar, it just wouldn't be Kermit without it, but where'd the idea for it come from?

Now here comes the part where Phil learns me by directing me to the FAQ page...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Beauregard I belive is a Frackle.

In a story about him I wrote, however, he was a creatures from Raenbu, a land you get to by walking through a rainbow. It was a god story. I never finished it.

Animal, I belive is technically a humanoid, but I always thought he was a monster.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Okay, next embarrassing question then... what's a frackle?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
A frackle is a monster-like creature created for a special that was made during the late 60s, early seventies called The Great Santa Clause Switch. The puppet later used for The Great Gonzo was in this as a frackle named Cigar Box Frackle (because he lived in a cigar box).

Other frackles would include Boppity and Gloat from The Muppet Show.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
• So I'm watching "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson", and they show this clip of Jim wearing the Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge glasses and huge Kermit feet dancing on a lighted tile floor like in Michael Jackson's Billy Jean video... what's this from?

• I once heard a rumor NOTHING MORE THEN THAT! That Jim and Steve weren't the best of friends and that Jim wasn't pleased with Steve for whatever reason. Why would such a rumor exist? (No flaming on this one please!!! I honestly mean NO harm!!!)

• More of a Palisades question then anything else; is there a complete checklist of the Muppet line of figures including exclusives, repaints etc.?

Thanks everybody :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
• So I'm watching "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson", and they show this clip of Jim wearing the Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge glasses and huge Kermit feet dancing on a lighted tile floor like in Michael Jackson's Billy Jean video... what's this from?

• I once heard a rumor NOTHING MORE THEN THAT! That Jim and Steve weren't the best of friends and that Jim wasn't pleased with Steve for whatever reason. Why would such a rumor exist? (No flaming on this one please!!! I honestly mean NO harm!!!)

• More of a Palisades question then anything else; is there a complete checklist of the Muppet line of figures including exclusives, repaints etc.?

Thanks everybody :smile:

I'll bet Ed could make you a checklist easily if you ask him.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
It came from :Muppet Babies Music Video: "I'm Gonna Always Be Lovin' You" :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
"Despite his name, I don't think Animal is an animal, is he from the monster family as is Grover, Dog-Lion, Herry, Sweetums, Cookie, Elmo, Frazzle, etc.?"

Animal could well be a human....but otherwise I'd say monstor.

"Scooter, Dr. Teeth, Floyd Pepper, Janice, Zoot, Lips, Lew Zealand, Bunsen, Beaker, Crazy Harry... they're all "human" Muppets... right?"

Yup. All human. Some say that Teeth is a spider...why?

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
Some say some are rodents... Beaker is a guinea pig and Scooter is a gopher .. but that's occupation not species...

As for Kermit, I don't know of any other frogs that sing or dance...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Despite his name, I don't think Animal is an animal, is he from the monster family as is Grover, Dog-Lion, Herry, Sweetums, Cookie, Elmo, Frazzle, etc.?
I thought that monsters are animals.

Vic Romano said:
And finally, for now, aside from Kermit, I have never seen any species of frog that has a collar, it just wouldn't be Kermit without it, but where'd the idea for it come from?
According to the Muppet Morsels on the muppet show first season DVD, Fozzie wears his scarf to hide the cut between where his head meets his neck, and Miss Piggy wears a necklace for the same reason. Maybe Kermit wears a collar to hide the crease between his head and neck.