Muppet questions you were afraid to ask...

muppetbigwig

Reaction score
hi my muppet friends.. i'm robert and i'm new here.. i have loved the muppets ever since i was a week old i was born on the night of the first edisode aired but i also have some questions.. is gorgon heap the same monster from the skit inchworm? and is lenny the lizard like the old kermit from sam and friends?

thank you

robert :smile:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
muppetbigwig: First of all, Welcome! Second, I honestly don't know if Gorgon Heap is the same monster from the inchworm skit. Third, Lenny the Lizard definately has some kind of big differences from the old Kermit from Sam and Friends, though I couldn't give you specifics off the top of my head.

abiraniriba: Pachalafaka? I haven't the faintest idea.

muppetmonster: About Bert's possible TMS counterpart. I don't think Marvin Suggs is Bert's counterpart at all. Yes, they are- er, were? Both voiced by Frank Oz. But that's not a lot to base off of, considering Ernie was voiced by Jim Henson and Lew Zealand was voiced by Jerry Nelson. Besides that, Marvin Suggs had quite the sadistic streak. His greatest pleasure seems to be making music by hitting the muppaphones. Sounds a little... I don't want to say "evil," but it doesn't exactly sound like a nice thing to do. Bert, on the other hand, has his peculiar interests, but none of them include bringing harm to any other person or thing. He's probably more like Sam with his seriousness, but Bert isn't really anywhere near as rigid as Sam. I mean, he likes to have fun, too, whereas Sam... um... yeah, he's Sam.

muppetbigwig

Reaction score
thank you togatheragain you made me feel we.lcome :smile: .. i just thought of it becouse i saw the muppet magic from the ed solivan show and it kinda looked like gorgon heap.. i love the muppet monsters

G-MAN

Reaction score
The monster from the Inch Worm skit was called Big V. He also made an appearance, I believe, in Hey Cinderella

muppetbigwig

Reaction score
thank you g-man i was wondering that for a week.. i have another one what does trhe muppet theather look like the outside i mean

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Welcome Muppetbigwig!! Unfortunately I don't know the answer to that. I've seen another thread on here about the muppet theatre and pictures of the onethat it was based on. Maybe someone else can point you in that direction.

I'd like to know, what exactly are Whatnot Muppets, and how are they different from Anything Muppets?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ooh, I can answer that!

Whatnots and Anything Muppets are basically what they are called. They're muppets that can be changed very easily to become different characters. Just throw on different eyes, nose, whatever, and it's a whole new muppet! So, what determines an Anything Muppet from a Whatnot? Simple as this: Anything Muppets are Sesame Street, Whatnots are The Muppet Show.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Okay, cool! That's it then, eh? Thank you! :big_grin: I am glad to know

Something I've noticed that's fun, Whatnots tend to change ALOT during the actual show! Like in the sketch "What Now, my Love?"

muppetbigwig

Reaction score
thank you guys for making me feel welcome.. i have found a home here as i said before i literaly grew up with the muppets.. sometimes i can be a little muppet myself i would love to preform a muppet charactor .. ok now.. was thrug i think that is his name was from sam and friends what is he?

Whatever

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
! Like in the sketch "What Now, my Love?"
So what did happen in that sketch? I have the song on DVD, but I've never actually seen it. Just thought it was Miss Piggy singing more off-key than usual.