Muppet RaceMania fan site

Gusworld

Reaction score
As is always the case with sites, this took _way_ longer than I intended (and it's not that complicated a project), but I've finally finished a small site dedicated to Muppet Race Mania, the sadly neglected PlayStation game which is full of rich Muppet-y goodness. It's at:

www.gusworld.com.au/games/mrm/default.htm

Comments and feedback welcome. I'd also be interested if anyone can answer the following question (also posed on the site): who does the voices for Sweetums, Bill and the Pig Chief in the game? While it seems likely that Dave Goelz and Kevin Clash did the latter two -- they played the roles in the original movies and they were scheduled for recordings for this game anyway -- John Henson, who normally plays Sweetums these days, isn't credited anywhere. Did someone else step in?

Cheers
Angus
angus@gusworld.com.au

Luke

Reaction score
Fantastic site - must have taken loads of work and very comprehensive. I really love the Racemania game.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder if there's a way to record sounds from the game... I'm itchin' to hear Matt Vogel's Scooter and Janice..

But absotively Posilootley great site. I wish I had a PS2 (or the original) so I could buy an play this here game.

I'd have to hear a sound clip of Spa'am and Bill to know who did who's voice. I'm guessing they are indeed correct. I wonder if it's only Bill that talks, Steve Whitmire performed Gil, and he did recordings. Kathrin Mullen probably wouldn't have recorded, so He character probably dosen't talk, am I right?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can also play and hear the game on your PC with a Playstation emulator. You'll need the Playstation CD though.

Gusworld

Reaction score
Actually, recording the sounds into MP3 or WAV files wouldn't be that hard - let me see what I can do, could be a useful addition to the site, especially for those characters with unusual voicings.

Bill is the only character that talks in the game -- if you succeed in the Boss Challenge to beat all three of them, it's Bill you get to play as.

Glad everyone's enjoying the site!

Cheers
Angus
angus@gusworld.com.au

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Yes, please do! Finally hearing the voices would be fabulous! (Though the site is already pretty darn cool.) :excited:

Not sure what you mean, though, by "Bill is the only character that talks in the game." If you mean Bill Barretta, he's a character, not a performer. Second, everything I've heard up till now indicates that all of the characters talk. Please explain? :confused:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
LOL! No Tom, he means Bill frog from TMTM, Bill, Jill and Gill are bosses in the game as you try and kock out all three of them in there seprate cars at the same time, Gill and Jill don't talk as only Bill says before each battle "We have lots of great ways on how to stop you!" or something like that.

It would be nice if someone could file all the voices. That's a cool site Gus! This is one of my favortie all time games!

Zach,

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Oh, OK. LOL! So Bill is the only *boss* that has a voice?

Is that because whoever voiced Bill is still alive and with the company? I forget who did Jill and Gill.

Hmmmmm.

"Phil, I'm Jill. You know Gill and Bill."

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Chilly Down said:
Oh, OK. LOL! So Bill is the only *boss* that has a voice?

Is that because whoever voiced Bill is still alive and with the company? I forget who did Jill and Gill.

Hmmmmm.

"Phil, I'm Jill. You know Gill and Bill."
Actualy I belivie Davd did Gill and Karen Prell did Jill.

Bill is the only boss of those three that talks, the other bosses inculding sweetums, Beau, Spam (Cheif Pig MTI) Phil Van Nuter and Statler and Waldorf have voices, well Statler doesn't, i think just Waldorf does the talking, but Statler and Waldorf do have many coments before and after every race level, so Statler does talk in the game.

I think they only have Bill talk because they can only have one character talk at a time,(as well as Karen Prell didn't voice for the game) that's the same reason why only Waldorf as marley from MCC talk's in the MCC boss level, but you have to beat both Statler and Waldorf as (Marely and Marley) then the reg Statler and Waldorf have coments during the reguler race levels.

Zach,

Luke

Reaction score
Wow - that was such a well developed and comprehensive game, we need more like that !