Muppet Racemania question

Drtooth

Reaction score
Under normal circumstances, this should be under merchandise. But my question is not about the game itself, but the Muppeteers that voice the characters.

I hear that Bill Barretta (once again, forgive bad spelling if it is spelled wrong) was great as Rowlf the dog, and he is performed by him in the video game. How was Link Hoghtrob's voice (performed by Whitmire) in the game?

But mainly, Matt Vogel, who plays Big Bird from time to time on Sesame, how was he at Scooter and Janice's roles (in the game)? I know they haven't perminantly re-cast them yet, so I wondered how they're doing.

matleo

Reaction score
I was just playing this. Janice, Scooter and Link are all pretty good as is Dr. teeth (layed by john Kennedy) it's tough to judge because they're all mor sound bited than an actual performance. It's like judging Rowlf from what Bill Baretta did with him in MT and MFS. A fe wlines here or there, but I think too soon to judge. Janice seems really good though. Link sounds good but I'd need ot hear more before I made up my mind. Scooter, the personality is ther but the voice is a wee bit higher than hunt was. he actually sounds alot like vogel's Big Bird, but a little less goofy. Dr. teeth seems a little too gruff. I'm surprised they haven't cast baretta as both. That's my 2 cents.

--Matt

Drtooth

Reaction score
John Kennedy as Dr. Teeth.... Well, He's doing a pretty good job. I've only heard him twice, though. Once in Muppets From Space "Shalome!" and in the "We are family" music video.

I wonder why Vogel can't play Janice, though. Just once at least, for a line. A cameo. Some sort of grunt. Something. I know Adam Hunt was Scooter in Muppets From Space, and I think he was an additional Muppeteer/voice in The Muppet MOvie (I saw his name in the credits, could be the same guy, at least). It's one of those funny things. When something happens to a voice actor or puppeteer (they pass on, they're sick, busy, or left to pursue different career options) , several people have to continue their roles. Jim, Richard, and even Frank's roles are played by several differnet Muppeteers. Let's take Looney Tunes for instance:

Mel Blanc's various characters are now portrayed by various actors such as Billy West, Joe Alasky, and even Jim Cummings. Bugs Bunny has been portraied by several people in the last decade.

In Muppetry, I don't think it matters so much as sounding like the character, as it is embodying the cahracter. If you get the personality down, you'll do fine. If you're good at impersonating the voice, that helps, but not so much as being the character. Steve's interpretation of Kermit (or Ernie for that matter) is higher in pitch than Jim, but we don't really look at it much.

And not that it's of any real importance, but I can do a pretty good imitation of Link Hogthrob. To myself anyway!