Muppet Rides

That Announcer

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Sadly they don't have Country Bear Jamboree anymore. That used to be one of my all time fav attractions.
When I was in Florida, I rode the Haunted Mansion twice. To ensure that I was able to do so, I had to skip something else that I wanted to do, and I chose to skip the Country Bear Jamboree. Since then, I've heard really good things about it. However, my love for the Mansion causes me not to really regret it. :smile:

PS: I think I'm the one Mansion fan in the universe who really, really liked the movie. :big_grin:

BEAR

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
When I was in Florida, I rode the Haunted Mansion twice. To ensure that I was able to do so, I had to skip something else that I wanted to do, and I chose to skip the Country Bear Jamboree. Since then, I've heard really good things about it. However, my love for the Mansion causes me not to really regret it. :smile:

PS: I think I'm the one Mansion fan in the universe who really, really liked the movie. :big_grin:
Do they still have Country Bears in Florida? They took it out at Disneyland.

That Announcer

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Do they still have Country Bears in Florida? They took it out at Disneyland.
Yep, it's still there, right next to my personal least favorite Disney World ride, Splash Mountain. Heights and speed might be good for Gonzo, but with me... :boo:

AAO

Reaction score
You, speaking of that, having a rollercoaster, maybe even calling it "Gonzo's Test Run" wouldn't be so bad...LOL...And the Country Bear Jamboree I was talking abotu was at Disney World...I've never been to Disney Land...never really wanted to...I found Disney World more elaborate...Y'know, if Disney owned the Fraggles, that'd be a cool ride toO! Going underground with the Fraggles...something really fun and silly, and you end up meeting the Gorgs...Maybe even have it as a Water Ride like splash mountain....

That Announcer

Reaction score
AAO said:
You, speaking of that, having a rollercoaster, maybe even calling it "Gonzo's Test Run" wouldn't be so bad...LOL...And the Country Bear Jamboree I was talking abotu was at Disney World...I've never been to Disney Land...never really wanted to...I found Disney World more elaborate...Y'know, if Disney owned the Fraggles, that'd be a cool ride toO! Going underground with the Fraggles...something really fun and silly, and you end up meeting the Gorgs...Maybe even have it as a Water Ride like splash mountain....
I think something like Pirates of the Caribbean would be better. You could take a ride on a waterfall through the hole in Doc's workshop, ride through the Fraggles' world, zip down Gobo's route, through the Gorgs' house, past the Trash Heap (and her little henchmen, eeh!), and then back up through the workshop, past Doc and Sprocket again, and outside, where Travelling Matt would be walking. Actually, a Matt audio track could be a bit of a tour guide!

AAO

Reaction score
I agree 100%....i was thinking of the Traveling Matt thing, but wasn't sure...lol...but yeah, that would be awesome...I like the waterfall drop into Fraggle Rock, but what I think would be neat too to add is a larger drop like they always did in the series....remember? Red or Gobo or someone somehow ended up falling into that little pond of water....I love Fraggle Rock! I'm an 80's child and grew up with them. My older cousin use to have a Red Fraggle and I'd play with it everytime I went to her house. She never let me take it home...though I was only like 4 or 5. Then last week, I ended up at this store called "Retro - 70's, 80's, & 90's" at Myrtle Beach on "Broadway on the Beach". I found an old Muppet Show shirt...it was brand new, but they just redid some of the art work .... then I found alll the fraggle dolls...except Mokey...Red was my favorite next to Traveling Matt, yet they ddin't have him either...But anyway, I decided to buy the Red doll on account of a childhood memory. I also found a lot of Sesame Street stuff, like magnets, shirts, trash cans, and I even found a rare Dark Crystal Movie POSTER! I bought it in a heart beat! If you go to Myrtle Beach South Carolina, go to Broadway on the Beach and find that store!

AAO

Reaction score
Hopefully you could find it soon...

BEAR

Reaction score
AAO said:

Yes, Disney World is more elaborate because it is so huge! It is pretty much its own zip code. Walt Disney bought so much land out there in Florida and a lot of it hasn't even been built on yet. I went to DW once a few years ago and loved it. There is so much to do and see and a great family vacation place to spend a week. Disneyland is a very special place though and I recommend you make it out there if you get a chance. It is not as big and spread out as the Florida park, but it was the original and such a special part of history. I guess I have a special connection with it because it is my gf and my special magical place where lots of memories have taken place. Also, we live in CA so we go all the time. She has never been to Disney World though and I promised to take her someday. All I need is the money.

AAO

Reaction score
I never knew there was still land bought that they haven't used! WOW! Disney has it all....LOL...

AAO

Reaction score
More Muppets Please!

You know, during the Christmas season down at Disney World, they should have the Muppet's Square decked out in "special" decorations. I think they do "Something" decorative, but they should like go all out with making a Christmas show - since the Muppets are so great at doing Christmas specials. :smile: I'd especially like for Disney to make other costumed characters to prance around the park now and then. Like have Fozzie and Gonzo. Especially Sam the Eagle! Bunsen and Beaker, I can see them now! The Electric Mayhem and Rowlf - It'd be great!