Muppet Rock Music questions

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this because this applies to both The Muppet Show and the late 70s and 80s Sesame Street eras. And I'm not sure how to ask this...but I'll try by first saying that one of the things that I've always loved about The Muppet besides the fast zanny surreal slapstick comedy is the music. Now I'm not talking about classic songs but more like the musical score when they did disco music on Sesame or cover versions of rock songs on The Muppet Show. I noticed that it has sort of a Rock Musical Broadway quality to it. Lots of Trumpets and Drums and Tamborines. I really like that. Even a lot of Chris Cerf's songs on Sesame.

I'm just curious what kind of genre would a lot of this be under? I like to study music types and I'm slowly getting interested in music appreciation. I'm not the best musician but I'm starting to realize just how strong of a fashionation I am with music. And I think a lot of the 70s Muppet and Sesame musical scores are some of the best music I've ever heard.

I think the Music director of The Muppet Show made a couple of albums and a bunch of them are on CD, I listened to a few samples on Amazon but a lot of it didn't have that rock sounding quality The Muppet Show had.

I'm not sure if this threat is much of a question. Just curious if there is any kind of speciffic genre for it. Like Boogie, Disco Rock, Rock Musical, something like that. Perhaps I'm reading in on too much Music genre's on Wikipedia. lol But I just find it super fascinating and just love analyzing it.

Who was the Music director of Sesame during the late 70s and 80s? I think Chris Cerf was one of them.

I wish Chris was back on Sesame making some more music parodies that totally rock the street :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I'm listening to "I'm Looking Through You" - The Muppet Ghosts from Season 1, Vincent Price, The Muppet Show.

And what I really like about The Muppet Show music and even 70s Sesame music from time to time was there was a lot of usage of Brass and Drums in the music. It's amazing. It kind of reminds me of Jefferson Airplane in a way. Like the Brass reminds me of Broadway and the drums are like wild just like Jefferson Airplane.

Also The Simpsons because their music came from an orgastra. Maybe that's what I was trying to say within a bunch of words to describe it. The orgastra that played the times' rock music.

That's totally my type of rock music and I kind of miss that within The Muppets and Sesame. Sure Dr. Teeth is still there but it's not the same as when he sung Cheesecake, Money, The Muppet Movie's Can You Picture That, NightLive (sigh, probably my all time favorite Electric Mayhem and Muppet Song) and his first hit song "I'm Gonna Light Some Dynamite" lol I still laugh that was written by Joe Roposso because most of his other songs were more easy listening.

I'm trying to collect a lot of that Rock Muppet Music for my ipod plus I think I'm going to look into The Muppet Show Music Director's solo albums. The Music was so amazing.

I'm still surprised that Chris Cerf didn't end up becoming a famous rock star. His singing is so Amazing. I think he did a few demo records with MGM in the 60s but I guess they didn't sell much. I listened to a couple on YouTube. AMAZING Nugget tracks. Just in case if anyone here doesn't know what a nugget is, it's a term for 60s one hit wonders and rare Grudge rock. :smile: Totally My kind of music. I'm very old skool and out of my generations music. lol :smile: