1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

"Muppet Rockumentary" in the works

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by GelflingWaldo, Sep 20, 2005.

1. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

It was stated by the Hollywood Reporter today, that a mock rock n' roll documentary (or mock rockumentary, if you will) featuring the Muppets is in the works. The Jim Henson Company is reportedly partnering up with Disney's Muppets Holding Co. on a project that sounds a lot like a Muppet takeoff on idea behind 1984's "This Is Spinal Tap". When the Muppets were first sold to Disney, it was stated that the Henson Company has a three-year deal to develop new movies and television projects for Disney - this appears to be one of the first. No information on if this is a TV-special, a feature film, a direct-to-video project, or what. There is no further information on this production at this time, however fans hope that this rocumentary (or should I say mockumentary) features the classic Muppet rock band "Dr. Teeth & the Electric Mayhem" (however nothing has been announced). More on this story as it develops.

2. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

man u sleep for 3-4 hrs and all the good news comes out

3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I hope that this is about The electric mayhem, and if it is, then i hope that Lips makes an appearance (if the puppet has worn out or deteriorated, then they'd better get to work on building a new Lips puppet).

4. ScooterRocks

ScooterRocks New Member

Awesome! Or, MANAH MANAH!

5. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

hey gang,

WOW!!!!!!!!!! more awsome Muppet News all in one night! awsome! :) :excited:

6. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

This is going to be awsome and I can't wait to see it. As Animal would say,

:halo: EAT DRUM! EAT DRUM! *chewing on cyinbam* (can't spell)

:D No Animal, beat drum beat drum.

:halo: Beat drum! Beat drum! *hits drum with head*

7. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Whoah man!!! A rock-and-roll film? Dude, if they choose to make this without our own furry mayhem I'll be gutted, so I hope they create a masterfull Electric Mayhem Band story, coplete with Lips, and Nigal the Conductor.

8. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

*crosses finger*

9. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Is cool! Is very cool! I hope they show the rock'n'roll monster! :D :sing: :flirt:

10. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Wow, this could be really interesting! Sounds like lots of stuff is in the works right now! Exciting times for Muppet fans!

11. trekkie1701E

trekkie1701E New Member

This is "awesome" news :D ... who knew in a million years that Disney buying the muppets would turn out to be a beneficial thing?

Hopefully, a year from now, the quality'll still be there.

12. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Well-Known Member

So many cool things, happening so fast!! I like this idea a lot. It reminds me of the Electric Mayhem: Behind the Music on Robot Chicken, but hopefully without so many disturbing things...

13. trekkie1701E

trekkie1701E New Member

lol :D

How awesome would it be if this were to be released in the theaters?

14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Wow, as a fan of Christopher Guest(Spinal Tap/Mighty Wind/Waiting For Guffman/BEst in Show) type mockymentaires, I can see this as being awesome. So what, 3 Jim Henson films in 2007 then?(FR, DC2, this thing)

15. bigbirdfan

bigbirdfan New Member

Pepe rocks,okay! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Im not kidding!

16. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

The only disappointment with this is that the Muppets Holding Comany only has a three year developmental deal. What happens at the end of that three years.

17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

My guess, they renew it. That is if it's profitable enough.

Anyway, I have no clue myself what this is supposed to mean, but it sounds pretty good. I hope it does have the electric Mayhem. I wonder if they have a perminant Dr. Teeth, Floyd Pepper, and Janice yet.

18. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

How about Lips?

19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

You know.... Ironically, Lips and Zoot, who rarely utter a word, are the ONLY members that have perminant performers. Unless you count Animal via Eric Jacobson.

20. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

If Lips has a permanent performer how come we never see him. In my mind he is just as much a part of the EM as Janice or Zoot.