"Muppet Rockumentary" in the works

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
It was stated by the Hollywood Reporter today, that a mock rock n' roll documentary (or mock rockumentary, if you will) featuring the Muppets is in the works. The Jim Henson Company is reportedly partnering up with Disney's Muppets Holding Co. on a project that sounds a lot like a Muppet takeoff on idea behind 1984's "This Is Spinal Tap". When the Muppets were first sold to Disney, it was stated that the Henson Company has a three-year deal to develop new movies and television projects for Disney - this appears to be one of the first. No information on if this is a TV-special, a feature film, a direct-to-video project, or what. There is no further information on this production at this time, however fans hope that this rocumentary (or should I say mockumentary) features the classic Muppet rock band "Dr. Teeth & the Electric Mayhem" (however nothing has been announced). More on this story as it develops.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I hope that this is about The electric mayhem, and if it is, then i hope that Lips makes an appearance (if the puppet has worn out or deteriorated, then they'd better get to work on building a new Lips puppet).

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

WOW!!!!!!!!!! more awsome Muppet News all in one night! awsome! :smile: :excited:

Erine81981

Reaction score
This is going to be awsome and I can't wait to see it. As Animal would say,

:halo: EAT DRUM! EAT DRUM! *chewing on cyinbam* (can't spell)

:big_grin: No Animal, beat drum beat drum.

:halo: Beat drum! Beat drum! *hits drum with head*

Beauregard

Reaction score
Whoah man!!! A rock-and-roll film? Dude, if they choose to make this without our own furry mayhem I'll be gutted, so I hope they create a masterfull Electric Mayhem Band story, coplete with Lips, and Nigal the Conductor.

Whatever

Reaction score
Is cool! Is very cool! I hope they show the rock'n'roll monster! :big_grin: :sing: :flirt:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow, this could be really interesting! Sounds like lots of stuff is in the works right now! Exciting times for Muppet fans!