Muppet Show 25th Anniversary CD Soundtrack

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I recently purchased this CD from Wal-Mart yesterday, and I have some questions about it.

1. I noticed the cover says that track #2 has two songs in one, Mahna Mahna and Lulabye from Birdland, yet I only heard Mahna Mahna. Why is that?

2. In track #5, was the song supposed to end with a crashing sound right after Wayne sang the first verse?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Lullaby of Birdland" is the musical bridge during Mahna Mahna. That is the way the song was listed on the original 1977 Muppet Show album.

"Trees" was complete as it originally appeared on the album without audience laughter of course.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Here's my question: Which version of the theme song is used on this CD?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
Here's my question: Which version of the theme song is used on this CD?
It's sort of a mix. It has parts of the version from the first Muppet Show album, but it's changed so it sounds like a variation of the seasons 2-5 theme.

On the original album, they have Fozzie's monologue as well as Kermit introducing the record.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Muppet Show was before my generation, so I wouldn't be able to tell, but I have two different versions on two different CD's, the other version I have is featured in Tee Vee Toons Presents: The 50 Greatest TV Themes of All Time". Even though your question is pretty much answered, I'll tell if you get the CD, don't expect to hear "why do we always come here? I guess we'll never know..."