1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Show Downloads

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by Honkydory, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Honkydory New Member

Is there anyone who can link me to sites where it is possible to download complete Muppet Show and Muppets Tonite episodes.
    I have looked everywhere and cannot find anything....

The desperate

Honkydory
  2. Barry Lee Active Member

Go to Kazza I downloaded elton jhon and prince plus wonderful clips!
    from
    BARRY LEE
  3. Honkydory New Member

Thx Barry Lee

I'll try and see what I can find.
    However I find it strange that there aren't any websites where you can download complete Muppet shows from. There are plenty of pages dedicated to Southpark, Simpsons etc. But none for the Muppets.
    Muppets have been a cornerstone in many peoples childhood. Surely there must be someone out there, who has created a website, so all of us who haven't seen the Muppets in years can rejoice.

Still hoping

Honkydory
  4. anathema Active Member

In a word: copyright.
  5. sherlockhemlock New Member

I know a place... e-mail me. top secret ;)
  6. scarecroe Active Member

The Elton John episode is available for PURCHASE folks. Don't go breaking my heart by downloading it just because you can. In my opinion, the only episodes that should be available for download should be episodes that have never been released commercially.
  7. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

8. scarecroe Active Member

DUDE! What the heck did I just say? Pay for your d-m- Muppet crap.
  9. sherlockhemlock New Member

What I never get is how sensitive some people are to digitized versions of Muppet stuff that is otherwise unavailable to the public. For some reason it's perfectly fine for people to copy and trade tapes left and right, but god forbid it be traded via computer to computer. It's true that people should go out and buy when it's available. I know I do, but having a place to be able to have a free and friendly exchange of unreleased stuff makes so much more sense than all this tape trading and having to worry about shipping costs and VHS vs PAL. :confused: Anyway, I've said my piece on this I'll say no more.
  10. Chilly Down Member

"What I never get is how sensitive some people are to digitized versions of Muppet stuff that is otherwise unavailable to the public. For some reason it's perfectly fine for people to copy and trade tapes left and right, but god forbid it be traded via computer to computer."

If you look at Scarecroe's post again, you'll see that his beef was with downloading episodes that ARE readily available for purchase. Both of the episodes mentioned, Elton John and Star Wars, do fit into that category. In fact, when it comes to downloadable stuff, I've never seen odd episodes like Kaye Ballard. The ones that people download for others are always the Time-Life shows, and that's the sad part.
  11. scarecroe Active Member

Thanks for pointing that out Tom. I don't know why so many people have a problem getting my point. Just to be clear, I'm saying just what Chilly Down is backing me up on. I'm all about sharing digital files of complete Muppet Show episodes (or any other project) that you might otherwise trade VHS tapes of, but it's not cool when things like the Star Wars and Linda Ronstadt episodes become available for download. What you're doing is hurting the possibility of getting even more cool things on DVD by decreasing the sales of what's out there now and showing JHC that you don't want to buy Muppet stuff. It's just like what guys like Steve Whitmire and Kevin Clash said at MuppetFest. The only way to help get more cool Muppet merchandise is by buying what's out there on the shelves now.

So go out and buy the DVDs dammnit!
  12. frogboy4 Inactive Member

I completely agree with you. Maybe he was distracted by the tone of the message and didn't read on. I kind of was thrown by that at first. I was also thrown by Muppet Danny's animated Kermit mouth. It's hypnotic! :eek:
  13. scarecroe Active Member

I've talked to Sherlock and we're cool on it. I only hope other people see the logic.

Folks shouldn't be afraid to share MP3s and digital video files so long as they're not currently on the shelf, lol! :p
  14. Chilly Down Member

Danny's KermitMouth is hypnotic, isn't it? LOL! :p
  15. scarecroe Active Member

I wouldn't know, I have animated GIFs turned OFF :D
  16. anathema Active Member

Yeah, but be careful. My experience to date is that while most companies will turn a blind eye to casual VHS trading, they tend to get a bit shirty about anything digital...
  17. spazyk New Member

This may be kinda late but i just want to say what i think about file sharing...... Im all for it i'll d/l eps if i can't find them anyware or there not sold in my area. Sometime i'll d/l some eps and then if a store gets them i'll buy em.....
  18. Chilly Down Member

You can also order episodes from Time-Life through their website or by phone, if no stores carry the videos or DVDs in your area.
  19. spazyk New Member

Yea but me being only 16 and not having a checking account or credit card and parents not willing to buy stuff like that... So d/l is the only way for me to see things.
  20. Skeeter Muppet Active Member

The Time-Life TMS volumes are slowly starting to make their way onto store shelves now (March 13 or 14 is when the Belefonte/Rondstadt/(someone else who I can't remember) volume comes out, and the Elton John/Julie Andrews/Gene Kelly and Star Wars/Paul Simon/Raquel Welch volumes are already out on DVD (and hopefully VHS) in stores. So you could save up your spending money and buy them that way.

-Kim