Muppet Show DVD's vol. 11-15 now on-line

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As was announced last month, Time-Life has updated their Web site with five new Muppet Show DVD releases. They are:

Volume 11 - Roy Rogers & Dale Evans, Kenny Rogers, Mac Davis
Volume 12 - Liberace, Rita Moreno, Lynda Carter
Volume 13 - Tony Randall, Beverly Sills, Pearl Bailey
Volume 14 - Liza Minnelli, Madeline Kahn, Mummenschanz
Volume 15 - Senor Wences, Lola Falana, Juliet Prowse

Click here to view the new DVD's

I just ordered the new discs from Time-Life. Used coupon code "CA25R2" to get an additional 25% off the order. Does anybody have these yet? (They were available by phone on September 30).

It will be interesting to see what Muppetisms and Muppet Movie parodies are included. We'll update our Muppet Show DVD review with a list of all the new extras as soon as possible.

Also, has anybody seen that Time-Life is now selling Muppet Family Christmas and Emmet Otter DVD's? They appear to be the Columbia versions, but it makes you wonder if they are wanting to make more Muppet items available in the future.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I pre-ordered these five along with the other ten, so I could get 30% off the entire package...

The new five look great, but there are two mistakes:

1.)On the Madeline Kahn one, the shows are listed out of order. The insert and the back cover have one order, and the print on the DVD and the front cover have a different one.

2.)Steve Whitmire prominently mentions on the MC interview that his first speaking role was as a guard outsite Liberace's dressing room. He said it was difficult to do, because he had to talk tough to Kermit, and it was completely against his nature. On the DVD, that scene is no where to be found :frown: His only speaking part is talking with Gonzo, and getting the okay from Liberace to send Gonzo in to audition. Why this scene was cut is beyond me, because I remember it when the episode was shown on Odyssey.
If anyone has any idea, please let me know. This ticks me off, because TimeLife specifically said that they were uncut episodes :mad:

As far as extras, the later editions have a special called "Name that Flick" where characters act out details, and you have to guess the name of the movie based on them. It's basically Charades.

The Muppetisms are still one per disc, and they're nothing new.

- Billy :cool:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Phil, I was just reading the DVD review, and it mentions something about a hidden feature.

What is this?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Traveling Matt
1.)On the Madeline Kahn one, the shows are listed out of order. The insert and the back cover have one order, and the print on the DVD and the front cover have a different one.
This was wrong on the VHS version as well. Was hoping that they would fix that.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Traveling Matt
Phil, I was just reading the DVD review, and it mentions something about a hidden feature.

What is this?
It's the "Did You Know" bit of trivia. Click on Animal on the main menu of any of the discs. You are likely already familiar with this and were hoping the "hidden feature" would be more. I updated that sentence in the review so that it's a little more clear. Thanks for pointing that out.

the Mad Moose

Reaction score
finally!

been wanting more episodes for a long while - these could hold me for a few more months...

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Traveling Matt-

What?! The scene with Kermit and the guard was in the Odyssey cut? I've only seen the Nickelodeon and Time-Life versions, so I always assumed that this scene simply didn't make it to the released version, like the scene where Harry Belafonte had to argue with one of the Muppets.

Please elaborate on this scene. I'm shocked to find it's out there. Could be Henson didn't mean to give it to them.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey David-

Unfortunately, I didn't tape TMS episodes from Odyssey, but I've only seen the Liberace ep once, and it was from Odyssey because I never watched TMS before then.

All I remember is that the security guard (Steve Whitmire) rudely told Kermit that he couldn't go into Liberace's dressing room because he was auditioning birds for his act.

Now, this was three years ago, so I maybe wrong (especially since I only saw it once), but I recognized two things:
1. The scene immediately popped in my head when Steve mentioned it in the interview, and

2. I knew after watching the Time-Life version that only one security guard scene was wrong. The guard had probably two or three backstage scenes throughout the episode.

Sorry I can't provide more :frown:

Eric1701

Reaction score
Time Life Site

Phillip,

Thanks for the info on the new DVD's from time life, I ordered the first ten a few days ago which i am itching to get in the mail, and I went to the site to order the other five.

The link that you provided goes to the main Muppet page where it lists all fifteen, but if you go to the Main DVD page, there is a link to a page just for the five new ones that you can buy for a total price of $99.99 instead of over $130 by doing it from the Muppet main page. Here is the link

http://www.timelife.com/is-bin/INTE...rmation-Start?ProductSKU=18051&CategoryName=4

Only problem is, that since last night, when you try to add that deal to your shopping cart, it stops and says try again or come back later. If I get a chance I might call there customer service and let them know and to nicely ask them to put out all 120 episodes of the Muppet Show. I sent them an e-mail, and I got a form e-mail in return.

Have a great day!

Eric T. Wickwire

PS

How do I get to have a picture by my name?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Eric,

That's great they are offering the 5 new ones as a seperate deal. I'm sure that will help a lot of people out. Thanks for sharing that.

If you can e-mail me the pic you want to use (or give me an idea of what you are wanting), I'll get that working for you.